• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Well I decided that the Wall should be made, the coolest thing in all the series. As far as I am in the books, the wall was built by Brandon the Builder. So the first thing that comes to my mind is that it should be able to produce rogues somehow, and to have some draw back power, to save rogues from field. So i came up with this:

Spoiler

Then i decided that I should make a Castle Black. The most populated building around the wall. So basic concept is something like this, it is a land, able to produce white mana, since Night Watch's Warriors are W/B. And it is able to help cast rogues, since they basically live in Castle Black so that should be ok.

Spoiler

And then the coolest ranger, and the most skilled i'd say. Benjen Stark, he is legendary, on the card and in the show. So he puts lives of his teammates first and i think that is the Exalted part, and everyone is stronger being alone while sneaking right? And his ability is just a motivate ability, since he invited Jon. And he was righteous. R/W since he is a Night Watch character.

Spoiler

LiM3D

LiM3D

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I like the cards.

The Wall lets put in rogues in instant speed like a surprising attack.

Kinda like the drawback bouncing a rogue back. Maybe it's a little bit op with enters the battlefield mechanics.

For Castle black, how is that exactly supposed to work?

Do you want the first creature to be cheaper, or is the reducement just triggered after you cast the first rogue?

Benjen is nice, but i think he could use slight improvement. Maybe he could get flash, or make his second ability even trigger when he attacks.

But overall nice cards! GJ

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

I don't really get why you are tying the Nightwatch to the color black; It just doesn't fit. Black is hedonistic, self centered, manipulative and embraces brutality to a sadistic extend; None of these are characteristics of the Nightwatch. In fact, the only thing you can relate to black is their most common method of recruitment. Making a pact to escape harm (especially if it is punishment that you actually brought uppon yourself) is something very black, and it also ties in with the Rogue tribal you are going for, but it is already included in white, although rebranded as a method of indemnification.

To be honest, I don't know whether you should reduce them to a mere Rogue tribal. They have so much more: Scouts, Warriors, Advisors, Archers, even BIRDS! The Watch is by far too complex for that kind of generalization.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013