• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

So i played some Capcom beat em up games and my personal favorite is definitely Morrigan. So i gave her a card. Anyway to talk about the card itself, i decided to give her some defense. She can easly be anti mono creature. And she can be unstoppable. If you protect her and dont waste her. Anyway what do you think about the card itself.

4QiFgkn.jpg

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

While I had not heard of Morrigan before seeing this post, I certainly have researched mythical creatures such as succubi  and I actually just did some research on this one so I could help out here- so forgive me if I do make a mistake in the flavor. 

I'll give you what I see wrong with it, then offer some fixing advice, and remember- it's not like I'm smarter than you, these are only suggestions my friend, and I do like what you tried to do here. 

Problems I See

The main problem I see here is the combination of not being blocked, but still having deathtouch. Deathtouch won't do much if the creature is never blocked, so while its true that protection from a color and deathtouch do work well together, I still say this card's abilities just don't mix well. 

As far as interference with flavor, I've only dug a little bit into the lore here, but I think this particular succubus would actually fit the colors of black AND red better than just mono-black. Also, I feel like this character really needs a more battle storm touch. 

Now for balance: This card actually plays out pretty realistically, it's quite unique to the fact that it can block most of anything that can be blocked, it has the killer touch, and its protection lets you not only have it live through combat, but in many cases, live through kill spells. This would actually place it as a highly valued card, and popular one, but the "Target creature cannot block ability" really drags it down as there is almost no way people would have a flying creature of the color you didn't choose. Also, in the range where this card would be used, you would have MUCH better things to do with 4 mana. Also, this creature would almost always be used as a blocker. 

Change Recommendations

First of all, I would really recommend taking off that third ability- while I understand its use in flavor, its like a succubus manipulation magic spell sort of, I really think it takes down the quality of the card. 

The protection I can understand- she's a champion, a great fighter, a magic user- and I also think that a black/red change would really kick up the flavor a noch, and also balance out for this cards power level. 

On the other hand, sense taking out the last ability really kind of makes it boring, you could add an additional effect to fit Morrigan's personality more. Maybe she gets a +1/+1 counter every time she hits a player to illustrate her bloodlust. Maybe she can Force creatures to attack to illustrate the succubus nature- although if you put this one in, I would also put a cost to make the creature gain deathouch.

Syntax Errors

Pretty good job here. I would just delete the line spacing you put between the abilities of protection, sense they are functionally the same ability.  Also, if you really insist on keeping the last ability, the blockers one, I would word it as follows: "[2][B][B]: Until end of turn, target creature can not block Morrigan, the Succubus." Otherwise things get real confusing.

Final Note

If you wind up updating this card, please do leave the old one and just display the new one alongside- I would like to be able to see ALL the changes made.

Thanks for the sharing your awesome card, I had a lot of fun looking into it, if you want any more feedback, just tell me. (I'm trying to be more frequent around the forum again.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013