• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Hey that been a long time since i got this idea but i wanted to cooperate with you guys to make a set but since the site as died and only the most talented remain i think its now the time to do it.

I will post some cards with some story (not too much) behind them and lets make complete set i honestly think that would be fun. No need to always update it take your time for each card it can be in one month or five years.

I really hope that will at least give you some interrest but feel free to answer with any card or critics.

Attached Files

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA
Damn Sertar.... Amazing as always. These would fit in nicely with what I have planned. I'll show u once I have a few completed.

"Let the wisdom flow, Let the emotion recede, Let the blood run silently, Let the night come once again."

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Awesome Idea!

So if it's fine with you, I'll just make one post to offer up my cards, and keep updating that with cards i create, and offer comments on other's cards in other posts. 

I'll start making cards right away, tell me if you want me to give you the cards in a different way (IE: Personal Messager)

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Personal message would be great but i dont mind the other way glad to see that you like the idea!

Commandant

Commandant

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Wouldn't be a proper set without being certain about a few initial considerations:

1. Size of the set? Large, small, or an unconventional size?

2. Themes? Story & playstyle both. Seems that with the cards you've already made, multicolour is a very prominent theme, as they're usually very few in number in usual sets. With exiling being prominent, there would also have to be a graveyard-focused subset as well so that exiling is meaningful. Maybe some library manipulation as well, but not on the level of dredge.

3. Number crunching of the set. Cards are organised in sets by the set number, which is sorted by colour and rarity. If rarity isn't a consideration here, then there will still need to be a proper colour balance. I suppose you could also model it after Torment, where the number of blue cards in this set is reduced, while red and green cards are more plentiful. Black would focus on graveyard and white on exile, I think.

4. The format. Will this set be balanced for block constructed only? Limited? Modern? Balancing for cube might be the best option, as conventions can be disregarded for the purpose of building the best set of cards with which to construct a cube.

5. All of the above serve as guidelines for a unified vision that plays properly and "feels" like a set. Without any direction, a single person working on a single idea for a set might not even be able to design subsets of cards that converge upon that idea properly.

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

I think an unconventional size would be the way to go the story of this set i prefer to work on it with you guys the subtheme would be playing with your exile instead of your graveyard there will be common and uccomon but i always start with the rare to set up thing for the format when i got the idea i didin't think of making this set for any particuliar format.

Thanks for your comment commandant feel free to add your own creation if you want.

Commandant

Commandant

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

the subtheme would be playing with your exile instead of your graveyard

You already have cards that exile from the graveyard, meaning that the graveyard is still relevant. If the graveyard isn't relevant, then there is no point to a focus on exiling because the exiled zone becomes the new graveyard. If you then add ways to manipulate exiled cards, you interfere with other cards that exile (including possibly breaking flashback, suspend, and a large number of cards that exile a card for the sole purpose of keeping track of it, such as Oblivion Ring).

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

I mean the new thing this set is playing with exile i never said graveyard was no longer relevant

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Okay for those who want to participate you may join this group to help out and post card or critics.

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

If I am welcome i would like to make some searchers, for each color. I was thinking on making a searcher for each color and the creatures to be used with blue. Example Blue Red searcher and Blue Green searcher etc. Since blue is mainly for control cards.

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Everyone that is on this site is welcome! feel free to join the group or post here. 

the group is named Magic Card Creation Forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013