• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Gadjiltron

Gadjiltron

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

I came up with this after seeing Soulfire Grandmaster push the design envelope a little.

Plague%20Spreader.jpg

For very obvious reasons I am strongly against making an infect version.

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

May I just say, amazing color coordination placement, both in the creature's cost, and in the ability. 

The fact that you can use the second ability more than once is probably countered well enough by the fact that a Mardu player won't have 7-12 mana unless the game has gone one for way to long, because even if you have 7 mana- that lightning bolt will still only deal 12 damage. And there are better ways of doing that. 

Although I feel like it's cost makes it a little bit hard to play- at the point where you can actually cast this, most burn players would have used quite a few spells already. Granted, however, the wither ability might be more of a later-game feature anyway, seeing as how on turns 1-3 your burn spells have a fair chance of killing creatures instantly. 

Overall though, it has really nice design and all it's abilities make sense to their colors and make sense with eachother. Nice job!

dopeysboy

dopeysboy

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Any reason for not making it legendary?

Gadjiltron

Gadjiltron

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Any reason for not making it legendary?

Roughly the same reason Soulfire Grandmaster isn't legendary. Having multiples don't stack, and it keeps it from being a ridiculously strong commander.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013