7 replies to this topic

Patstrick

Patstrick

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

So I decided to test out the card maker. I found out that it doesn't accept *s as power/toughness, thus I had to use 1*/1*. Might want to change that. Here it is anyways.

Art source; http://velinov.devia...-life-273575636 (He does magic art, and this art didn't have a card associated with it so I felt the need to make one.)

Attached Files

Rodrigo

Rodrigo

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMaringá - Paraná - Brazil

Well... it's quite powerful, yes. It doesn't have evasion and it relies on you using Shocklands for maximum consistency though...

But it's not as powerful as Tarmogoyf because that card comes into play much, much earlier than this.

tumblr_mhuoelxkkl1r8m99bo1_500.gif

Wickedsatyr

Wickedsatyr

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Is it just me or is this just a 5/5 for 5 at best case scenario? Unless it doesn't mean basic land types you control... but that's what i'm assuming it is. There are only 5 basic land types, so it is capped at a 5/5... it's like a toned down Rubblehulk with no Bloodrush. 

Please don't think I'm being rude or anything like that... I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the card, can anyone clarify for me? Am I right about how this card works or am I missing something important here?

Patstrick

Patstrick

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Is it just me or is this just a 5/5 for 5 at best case scenario? Unless it doesn't mean basic land types you control... but that's what i'm assuming it is. There are only 5 basic land types, so it is capped at a 5/5... it's like a toned down Rubblehulk with no Bloodrush. 

Please don't think I'm being rude or anything like that... I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the card, can anyone clarify for me? Am I right about how this card works or am I missing something important here?

I didn't make it look specifically at basic land types, so the Urza's lands and the Locuses would count. Say for example you had an Urza's Tower, Urza's Power-Plant, a Glimmerpost, and a few shock lands that produce G but also different colors from eachother. if you played Terragoyf it would come down as a 7/7. Not exactly worth the mythic status now that I think about it. Maybe a cost reduction or base power perhaps?

Patstrick

Patstrick

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Alright, here is the improved version;

Attached Files

Kalam Mekhar

Kalam Mekhar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Pretty cool card. It needs to say "~ gets +1/+1 for each land type among lands you control." Decently fair at 4 mana, though I could argue for 3. I mean, they made Matca Rioters a common. This isn't much better unless you have a really strange deck.

Guest_Slayer-72_*

Guest_Slayer-72_*
  • Guests

Pretty cool card. It needs to say "~ gets +1/+1 for each land type among lands you control." Decently fair at 4 mana, though I could argue for 3. I mean, they made Matca Rioters a common. This isn't much better unless you have a really strange deck.

I had a domain Deck for the longest time and I was running it wrong and it's were you missing the wording right now. when i was running Matca Rioters with Snow lands hoping to boost it to 10/10 potential. but i looked at the Domain Ruling and it specifically says

To determine the number of basic land types among lands you control, look at the lands you have on the battlefield and ask yourself whether the subtypes Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, and Forest appear within that group. The number of times you say yes (topping out at five) tells you how powerful your domain abilities will be.

so matca Rioters can only become a 5/5 at max. this card on the other hand does not have Domain, and says "each land type among lands you control."

Lands always confuse me though, does this mean this card can get an additional +5/+5 for having all of the snow lands or does it only get +1/+1 even if you have all 5 different snow colors?

http://fc07.devianta...ayAutumnKay.jpg

keep in mind the typing, it's:

"Basic Snow Land --- Mountain"

basic is the super type, Snow land is the type, and Mountain is the sub type. 

Kalam Mekhar

Kalam Mekhar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Snow is also a supertype, so it wouldn't count. It would count things like Lairs though, where the type appears AFTER the word Land on the type line. Really old stuff is always a bit sketchy if you don't look at the Oracle wordings, though, so I'd have to check that to know for sure the top end of this card. I'll get back to you if I remember to do this tomorrow. No time today. =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013