Art Database

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

mtgadmin

mtgadmin

Mythic Rare

• Administrators
  • 37 posts

Hi, all. I realized that a persistent issue involved in the card-making process is finding art. I wanted to pool our resources and create a database of sorts where users can go to find quality art to accompany their cards. There are plenty of good resources out there – from fan-created art on sites like Deviantart to official art from series like Lord of the Rings. Since this is purely for entertainment and creativity we're not going to worry about copyright and intellectual property.  ;)

Ideally, the final outcome of this would be a vast, easily searchable database sorted into different races/card types like goblins, angels, etc., but I realize that's a long way off, so for now let's just start by having some discussion and posting links to various sites, pieces of art and so on, and we can see what comes out of it. I will probably be updating this original post as things develop.

• johnfarris3 likes this

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Well, if there was certain data pool which anyone could add to, there would have to be two things: organization, and restrictions- maybe only a certain level of member can contribute? I would certainly start grabbing things for this collection of art. I thank you for being so considerate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013