6 replies to this topic

ChilledFire99

ChilledFire99

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKenosha,WI

how's it goin. I just started going on this website and i'm a HUGE fan of MTG. If you have any tips for me I would be grateful. Let me know what you think about these cards.

Attached Files

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Welcome here even tho u didnt put this thread into right category, your cards are not so bad you just got to improve them.

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

The syntax in these cards is just wrong. It's obvious what you are aiming for, but it would be more like "As long as there is another card named Future Ninja on the battlefield, all cards named Future Ninja gain +3/+3"

or "As long as you control another Dragon Knight, Dragon Knight Galdwell has +3/+3". The Pre-fix Basic is only used for Basic Lands, while the Pre-fix Legendary makes your Ninja kind of unplayable;

Legendary Creatures require a specific name (for example "Krenko, Mob Boss" or "Griselband"  etc) and are bound to one instance per player, so this card in particular should everything but Legendary.

Also, to properly work, your Samurai Demon lacks the actual typing "Creature - Demon Samurai" (which would be in this order; Creature - <race> <class>).

ChilledFire99

ChilledFire99

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKenosha,WI

thanks for the advice, I will improve them.

ChilledFire99

ChilledFire99

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKenosha,WI

I know I messed up on the "Demon Samurai" thing. it was a practice card.

ChilledFire99

ChilledFire99

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKenosha,WI

I hope this is a bit better than the other cards.

Attached Files

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Once again: The Prefix "Basic" is exclusive to Basic Lands. On the Other hand, your creature has a name, so it would make sense to make it a Legendary Creature, instead.

The syntax you use for its abilities is confusing. For its first ability it would be either  something like "{1}, sacrifice another creature: Add two mana of any color to your manapool." or "Whenever you sacrifice a creature, add two mana of any color to your manapool."; It's kinda tricky to get the restriction in power/toughness into it.

It's second ability doesn't make much sense: It seems to be an activated ability ({cost}:[text]), but it is written like a passive ability.

As an active, it would be "{2}: Future Assassin Kinoji gains +1/+1 until end of turn. Activate this ability only if you control another Future Ninja", while it would be "Fauture Assassin Kioji gets +1/+1, as long as you control another Future Ninja" as a passive ability. But even so, this would not make sense at all. To be more specific: The creature type "Future" doesn't make any sense. You can give your creatures any type you want (Mutant, Cyborg, Lettuce, Yordle, Na'Vi, Cake; Nobody gives a damn) but HOW is this supposed to work? My guess is, that you meant to go for something like "Future Assassin", which leaves the question: Why not just Assassin? Does it make ANY difference? Except for the cards own ability, there are no cards that only react to Future Assassins. Also, why should it? Is it too require you to build a deck ONLY around this cycle of Future Assassins?

Bad news: That doesn't work in Magic. Mechanics like this are more common in YGO (and also the basic flaw of it).

Last question: WHAT is up with the random {b}{b} after the first ability? It confused me when going through the first posts, now I'm starting to think, that you are mistaking the rules for the card-layout.

Is it supposed to be an additional casting cost or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013