a Mitotic hydra

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Guest_Slayer-72_*

Guest_Slayer-72_*
  • Guests

Attached File  Budding Hydra.jpg   52.43KB   73 downloads

thought of this in Bio class when going over reproduction by budding and thought it would make an interesting hydra creature. any thoughts? and yes, i do realize there is no way to stop it from "reproducing." i was thinking maybe a mana cost to activate it's ability, sorta like a regenerate. other wise this could get silly with only a few Pyroclasms.

Guest_Elegant Totality_*

Guest_Elegant Totality_*
  • Guests

I really like this and if it wasn't for the easy way of budding out, I'd give it a ten. I think having the ability cost 2GG should be good, don't you think?

IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I say make them all (or at least the tokens) 2/0. This way when it hits 0 counters, no more copies are made...or, wait...actually...that would create an infinite loop of creating tokens which instantly die and create more tokens, wouldn't it? Damn...

Um..maybe something like an intervening "if" clause? "When Budding Hydra dies, if it has a +1/+1 counter on it, ..."

Guest_Slayer-72_*

Guest_Slayer-72_*
  • Guests

I thought I had changed the uploaded card but i guess something messed up. 

I was going to put a mana ability on his second ability, so it may divide repeatedly, you only get as many 2/2s as you can afford. 

Genjutsu ^^

Genjutsu ^^

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Interesting.. other than the art (no offense) it looks like it could be an actual MTG card you'd find in a pack. I like the effect, though I would change it to:

"When Mitosis Hydra dies with at least 2 +1/+1 counters on it...." then the rest of the effect. That way, at 1 counter or 0 counters, the hydra would explode. Otherwise, if you had a decent mana production deck, this could get really ridiculous, really fast....

Keep up the good work!

Sasuke Vs. Deidara:

"I saw through your Genjutsu!"

"But there's another one..."

"I saw through that too!"

"But there's another one..."

"****."

Click Me! I don't do anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013