Photo

Every Card I Have Ever Made, Ever (with commentary)!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Hi! I've been making Magic cards using Magic Set Editor for some time, mostly only for fun. When I found this site, I figured that it was the perfect opprotunity to put them on display, for all to see and critique! Just to note beforehand, yes, a lot of these cards are very powerful, mostly because I don't see the point in making a card that's just 'meh'. Whether they're overpowered is for you to decide!

Without further ado:

Creatures

Spoiler

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Sorceries

Spoiler

Instants

Spoiler

Enchantments

Spoiler

Non-Creature Artifacts

Spoiler

Planeswalkers

Spoiler

Land

Spoiler

Incomplete cards/Miscellaneous crap!

Spoiler

I hope you had as much fun looking at them as I had making them! Please comment, I'd love to hear what you guys think!

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Well, first of all I congratulate you sir, I can tell you really put time and effort into a lot of these,(some not so much) and also for taking the time to sort all this, well, I can see a few syntax errors, nothing to big though, (I can tell you used oracle's for LICH reprint, nice one) I will review most cards, the ones I see in need of revision later, as there are a ton of cards here, but really dude, great job on some of these, really flavorful.

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Thanks, man, I really appreciate the acknowledgement of the effort put into this. Yeah, there are a couple syntax errors in the cards (especially in the older ones, when I didn't have such a firm grasp on syntax as I do now), but I do occasionally go back and fix any errors I do see.

• Lolilord likes this

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Alright here goes!

Nuahuan, Beast of Judgement: I agree, this CMC places the card about right, and it also suits the flavor really well: White blue beast that's turning prison terms into fatality! Also great theme for EDH

Rift Crawler: Love it! I can kinda see this in golgari with scavenge.... EVIL. One thing though: Legendary doesn't quite suit it I think.

Ruler of Cataclysm: Good design, the fact that its EACH player cetainly lends him the flavor, although he is a bit riding the line of overpowered with that annihilator. 

Shaped Divinity: God I hate phyrexians, I would make it an Angel Horror and make it cost more, while also implementing Phyrexian mana into it.

Skull Faced Shark: I would make it a skeleton shark just for flavor purposes.

Solar Magnifier: Basilisk Collar!!!???

Stalker of the Woods: Not bad for a second card... and creepy as hell.

Swift Fallen: Nice touch with the rogue type, it does seem a bit red though.

Terrifycrow: Lol the reverse Magus of the Moat

Thrull Shadowpuppet: Yay for thrulls! Nice one, although I would never have guessed what you were trying to convey with that image, but you are so caring you even gave us commentary. I love that btw.

Unhallowed Terror:Again, not bad for first cards.

Unstoppable Omnivor: Dem sharks, nice one.

Vengence of Gaia: It's also spelled Gaea, although Gaia isn't wrong, but this also feels part red.. ya know....Akki stuffz and countryside land dumper. Wonderful flavor though!

Warrior of the Plague: Way over the edge, and it should say "discard", its just to much power, to fast with the scavenging. I would also seperate the discarded scavenge cards somehow.

Water Glider: way underpowered, and also it should say: target player puts the top 5 cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

World Drake: Okay then...... them copiers. 

Yular, the Dasher: Beautiful. Although I cannot quite see where you where gonig, did you mean: Creatures that player controls can't attack or block for the rest of the game

Mountaineer Packbeast: bit simple, but not overpowered, with red already having INSANE mana ramp.

Bringer of Life: not bad, I would also attach: players can't win the game, so no win-button shenanigans. 

Bull-Headed Serpent: Out of color, but you already said that.

Camoflauged Serpent: what a snowy surprise.

Capricorn: Dem Goat-nappers....

Centagoat: Okay then.... lol goats ftw.

Cerberus: You could say, this creature deals combat damage once during first strike damage, once during regular, and once after regular

Coraki, Dragon of Chaos: As you said, this is out of hand, way to powerfull with that removal and steal and copy.

Darkshroud Geist: an old-school ability adaptation, but not bad.

Desmar, Bringer of Armageddon: Lol, he is red alright, little to powerfull though.

Eldritch: actually suits black rather well.

Electric Centepede:Feels more red

Embodiment of the sea: yeah, good balance and cool ability.

EmB of stag: mmk then.

Enthusiastic Consumer: ENTHUSIASTIC does not quite sound right.

Gentle Golem: really powerful, but hey its green... it deserves that.

Grave Walker: I like the design of this one, and nice flavor text.

Guardian of Life: Way to powerfull, I would change it to requiring EACH players life total to be greater, to really show the hippy spirit selesnya is famous for.

Guardian of the Green: This already exists.

Guardians of the Spires: Fortify is a alternate casting ability, not a static ability, so TAP is not a valid cost, this is also a bit powerful, and also fortify is a wierd key word that future sight did not explain very well.

Incarnation of Gaia: this kinda confuses me seeing as how it is ruining lnad but w/e

Izzet Lightning Squid: This is just to powerful, I would take away one or two parts of the ability. 

Kazangan: lil bit of syntax errror, but pretty cool.

Koschei, the Deathless: nice one, lil bi powefull but mono-black has the habit of doing that.

Leliel: Over the edge, because mono blue gets 16 cards, mono-white  gets 16 life, and black makes all lose 16 life- for four mana.

Manabot: Cool art and theme

Manufactured Spectre: Liquimental Coating!!!??

Molten Lavaspitter: cool because you can bulid it up over multiple turns, then fling it at them.

Moltensteel Behemoth: This might be the most impressive first card I've ever seen sadly.

Mossy Golem: Lol, that would have been AWSOME for gentle golem being flip.

Well thats all I have time for right now, I will probs do more later, but again, great job on these, I like how you went into future sight things. If there is any error I did not show clear enough, just tell me and I will explain more thoroughly.

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Rift Crawler: Love it! I can kinda see this in golgari with scavenge.... EVIL. One thing though: Legendary doesn't quite suit it I think.

Eh, if you really want to run four colors for it. And I don't know how legendary got there. I'll change that.

Ruler of Cataclysm: Good design, the fact that its EACH player cetainly lends him the flavor, although he is a bit riding the line of overpowered with that annihilator.

I agree that he's riding the line a bit, that annihilator was kind of an afterthought. Still though, I think it's reasonable.

Shaped Divinity: God I hate phyrexians, I would make it an Angel Horror and make it cost more, while also implementing Phyrexian mana into it.

Fair enough. I'll change that.

Skull Faced Shark: I would make it a skeleton shark just for flavor purposes.

Mmk, I'll do that.

Warrior of the Plague: Way over the edge, and it should say "discard", its just to much power, to fast with the scavenging. I would also seperate the discarded scavenge cards somehow.

Yeah, it is, but I really don't know how to make it balanced, while also making it balanced. Really, it probably shouldn't have to do with scavenge, since Specter didn't have anything to do with Cipher or anything. I'll see what I can do with it.

Water Glider: way underpowered, and also it should say: target player puts the top 5 cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

Hm, how about ten cards, is that fair?

Yular, the Dasher: Beautiful. Although I cannot quite see where you where gonig, did you mean: Creatures that player controls can't attack or block for the rest of the game

No, only the ones that player currently controls. Flavorwise, he's basically breaking everyone's swords and shields as he's making his way towards the player/planeswalker.

Coraki, Dragon of Chaos: As you said, this is out of hand, way to powerfull with that removal and steal and copy.

Sorry! I'll try and make him a bit more balanced.

Enthusiastic Consumer: ENTHUSIASTIC does not quite sound right.

But he's so ENTHUSIASTIC!!!

Guardian of Life: Way to powerfull, I would change it to requiring EACH players life total to be greater, to really show the hippy spirit selesnya is famous for.

That's a great idea, actually! I'll do that right away!

Leliel: Over the edge, because mono blue gets 16 cards, mono-white  gets 16 life, and black makes all lose 16 life- for four mana.

The white and blue effects aren't really overpowered, but I agree that the black effect is a bit much. But, now I've had another idea! Quick, are there any significant ways that white interacts with the library?

Mossy Golem: Lol, that would have been AWSOME for gentle golem being flip.

Well...

15efe5l.jpg

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Nice one with the Golem!

As for white library interaction all I can think of is Invincible Hymn and a few things that shuffle creatures back into decks.

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Alright, I've come up with this to replace the main part of Leliel's effect. Everything else remains unchanged.

"You may shuffle X number of target cards from your graveyard into your library, where X is the number of W spent to cast this card. You may scry Y, where Y is the number of U spent to cast this card. You may pay Z life to draw Z cards, where Z is the number of B spent to cast this card."

It's pretty clunky wording, though.

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Near death experience and form of the shade hillarity combo XD

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Near death experience and form of the shade hillarity combo XD

So it is, as long as your opponent doesn't kill you during their turn!

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

So, I've just found that Terravore does what Vengeance of Gaia does, except better and for half the mana.

Hrm. I shall ponder this for a while, then come back with something cool.

EDIT: I have come back with something cool. Behold, blessed perfection:

1zewk8z.jpg

For the new amazing abilities, I bumped it up to mythic. I think it's pretty fair, actually. It's not as bad as Crucible of Worlds, because it costs more mana and is easier to hit with removal.

DaFlaminGuy

DaFlaminGuy

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

You must have taken quite a while to make all these, and they're very good, so well done! Just wondering, where'd you get all the art from? Do you just look on Google, or do you find them somewhere else?

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

You must have taken quite a while to make all these, and they're very good, so well done! Just wondering, where'd you get all the art from? Do you just look on Google, or do you find them somewhere else?

I primarily use Deviantart, but I also got some of the images by lurking monster threads on 4chan.

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

So now it's Terravore + Crucible of Worlds + White

LOL, not that thats not cool.

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Plus Terra Eternal. Don't forget Terra Eternal.

This guy would be an absolute monster in manland decks.

Phase

Phase

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

How did you do the spoiler thing Ikatsui?

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

It's simple, really.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Phase

Phase

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Lemme try:

Spoiler

Firestoke

Phase

Phase

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Oops..

Retry:

Spoiler
Firestoke

Phase

Phase

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

What am I doing wrong here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013