4 replies to this topic

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

"The Simic can grow anything out of a puddle of sludge. I just hope they never join forces with the Golgari." 
—Teysa Karlov, Grand Envoy of Orzhov

Now imagine throwing dimir into the mix..... so you can probably see how these would combine with existing cards- maybe not very speedily... but very savagely. Feedback, as always, is appreciated! 

Attached Files

Jdrawer

Jdrawer

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

These are uncannily balanced, and use the pre-established mechanics so well I'd have thought they were legitimate cards. I like the idea of fusing the two guilds. I have got to ask, though, where'd you get your images? They work so well and seem to be of high grade.

My only problem is a few grammatical errors, mostly apostrophes. I have nothing really to add here, except that these are nice cards. The risks balance the rewards.

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Deviantart is where I usually go for images, but occasionally I can't find the right image so I just use Google images and trace the image back to its' source. I like  Deviantart more just because I can get artist names so easily. (I could cite this entire set if I had to, but it would be very time consuming.) As for grammatical errors, this is mostly oracles rules text except for a few instances in which there has no been an existing case, whereupon I use common English guides to the best of their ability.

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Not to mention the Dreakthal Abombination; That name is hilarious!

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

The cards are amazingly balanced although dreakthal abominations scavenger cost is dreadful since it only nets one counter although the synergy on that one card is better than some actual sets of cards that are supposed to complement each other. Love the ideas, love the ramp which fits into both simic and golgari and the theme of milling and general death links well into both golgari and demir as well the use of power AND finesse supplements an already great view on what would happen if the three guilds merged. An amazing set of cards from a brilliant card designer good work.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Simic, Golgari, 10-set, dimir, Group Mill, Keyword, New Guild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013