Do you like mythology? Greek Mythology Set

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Guest_ES.Marcus_*

Guest_ES.Marcus_*
  • Guests
I know that Theros is based on Greek mythology already, but I'd like to create a set that IS Greek mythology with the actual names and abilities thereof

What do you think?

Attached Files

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Meh :/

Styx doesn't show any connection to its mythological counterpart. Zeus' abilities are random and are also not that fitting... And why is Mars (by which you mean Ares btw) just a stronger version of Zeus.

Forgive my lack of excitement, but theros already satisfied most of my thirst for Greek Mythology in MtG

Guest_ES.Marcus_*

Guest_ES.Marcus_*
  • Guests
Sorry, I'm doing a report on various mythologies in school ATM and accidentally put Mars instead of Ares....I'm curious as to what you mean by the Styx not showing any relation to itself......also I will make a special combat ability for Zeus' gift ability. Thanks for the feedback!

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

I think he means that while the styx does give immortality it is impossible for it to grant full immortality it provides a 'achilles heel' both figuratively and literally. plus I imagine ares to be black red not red white as he is the god of war and brutality not the god of honour and integrity. the mythological ares was more of a war-warmongering bloodthirsty no holds bared death and destruction war god rather than nice honourable combat equal forces, no friendly fire war god

Also I love greek mythology so if you want any help or advice I'd love to help, this could be an amazing set.

Guest_ES.Marcus_*

Guest_ES.Marcus_*
  • Guests
Well yes that is why the equipped creature for Styx is only allowed to have one for its toughness, because although indestructible protects in combat... -1 effects will still kill the creature, not sure how I could improve Styx's ability. Although I'd love some ideas!

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

How about since lethe is supposed to give new life at the cost of all memories

Lethe, River of forgetfulness

4BU Legendary Enchantment

Indestructable

Discard a card : return target creature that died this turn to your hand.

3UB, Sacrifice Lethe: Target player discards all cards in his hand then put the top X cards of his or her library into their graveyard where X is 2 plus the number of cards discarded this way.

The second effect is supposed someone falling into lethe accidentally

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

How about instead of putting the whole River Styx into a card, you make an aura-enchantment or a sorcery, referring to achilles connection to styx? Dipping your creatures into Styx is kind of badass^^

Guest_ES.Marcus_*

Guest_ES.Marcus_*
  • Guests
Yes, that's a good idea, I'll update the set

Guest_ES.Marcus_*

Guest_ES.Marcus_*
  • Guests
New cards and update

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

i feel the same as the others that Aries is being seen as better then Zeus(give zeus an exile and/or 5 to any source and fight any. I also think Poseidon should be able to make any number of hippos so pull the {T} and add {2}. then the forge i feel the forge should not require Zeus to do damage but still not be able to go all willy on it, try doing it as,as long as hero is out.

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Did you just write Aries, like... Aries as in RAM :D

Just imagine the possibilities: Aries the horned God of War, CHARGING at the foes of his devoted followers.

What is it with you and unglued sheep?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013