No replies to this topic

Commandant

Commandant

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

p6pfpTT.jpg

"The lamps on Wyndmoor Street snuff themselves at midnight and refuse to relight, afraid to illuminate what lies in the darkness."

If you put it onto the battlefield blocking, its ability does not trigger.

509.7. If a creature is put onto the battlefield blocking, its controller chooses which attacking creature it's blocking as it enters the battlefield (unless the effect that put it onto the battlefield specifies what it's blocking), then the active player announces the new creature's placement in the blocked creature's damage assignment order. The relative order among the remaining blocking creatures is unchanged. A creature put onto the battlefield this way is "blocking" but, for the purposes of trigger events and effects, it never "blocked."

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

So from what i can see, Duskguard's second ability allows him to wind up enemy non black creature no? And his keyword ability allows him to potentialy dash in and block a creature that is either set a blocker or who is prepared to attack directly. But the key point is that it's second ability does not triggers his keyword abillity. If i got that correct and considering that its just a creature so more of this guys can dash in from hand, I'd say good job on this one.

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

So from what I gather the card is meant to take out targets by flashing in after blockers, which can go through unblockable, and other nasty combat tricks, and deathtouch lets it kill anything it can manage to hit. There are a lot of cool interactions here- for instance, you could flash it in AFTER first strike damage is dealt to deal damage during normal damage, then have it kill the thing with first strike after its damage is dealt. 

And for the flavor, is it supposed to be like a hunter of evil? if so, why the black? You don't necessarily need to add black just because it has deathtouch. 

Commandant

Commandant

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Original inspiration was Street Wraith. The reason why it is black and can't normally block nonblack creatures is twofold: one, the association of black with darkness (this creature is animated from shadow and disappears with the coming of day, which I would have liked to specify with flavour text, but I couldn't find a short and sweet sentence for it, hence why I put the flavour text from Street Wraith there); two: Magic Set Editor has a quirk with its text positioning. If I didn't add the "nonblack" part, the end of the sentence would have ended up behind the P/T box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013