Kanto Pokemon Cards

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*
  • Guests

I want to make balanced cards, but I'm fairly certain this card is horribly broken (it's supposed to be very strong, though). So, I'm putting this here, but I want an opinion based off it being balanced. (I just figured with it not being balanced, it wasn't good to put it in the balanced cards thing). I'm also kinda new to Magic, so any help would be appreciated (I wanna make an entire set for Pokemon eventually, or at least the original 151).

EDIT: Added Hitmonchan and fixed Pokedex

Spoiler

ncyw.jpgqax7.jpgm2h8.jpg06wg.jpgnc0h.jpgbcbp.jpgeoa6.jpg

4nlj.jpgdpxi.jpg

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

It looks not that bad of a card, but as a legendary you should set it to "Mythic Rare" rarity.

Gameplaywise:

It should rather be 4UUU than 3UUU because of its ability to take over other monsters (usually 6/6 for 3 colored and 3 colorless has not that strong abilities)

I think the sacrifice ability is fine, but maybe it should cost 4 or even 5 blue Mana instead of 3.

Trivia:

As I said, rather a Mythic Rare than a common.

I especially like the emblem of the deck, but not  the artwork. Probably something drawn would look better than this SSBM screenshot ;)

In MtG, the second word after the big dash of a creature is considered the class and the first the race. To perfectly fix that, it would rather be "Legendary Creature - Pokemon Psychic" As a Pokemon Fan I know you would not say that and i would not recommend you to do that, but I just want to add it before those "OMG WORDING AND COLOR PIE AND TYPE CLASSIFICATION" Morons come out to blame you.

Nice card overall!

"War is deception, a game best played... from the Shadows."

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*
  • Guests

hehe, thanks, that's actually really helpful ^^ And yeah, that's true, it's gonna be a Pokemon type, so the Pokemon type would be the subtype, which comes after. Also, it's actually a Pokedex 3D Pro picture. It's the only real images I've managed to find that I thought worked well without having to ask for permission from an artist (since I can't draw) so they'll all be screenshots from Pokedex 3D Pro. As for rarity...I just forgot to set that before exporting it ^^"

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Yea, I see :)

To Moltres: I like this Anti-Green function, could be pretty nasty when playing your buddies' green decks >:D

Again, there is a little rarity failure right there ;)

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*
  • Guests

hehe, yeah, I figured green cards would be like grass types and such, which meant you'd deal double damage with fire hehe I'm still unsure how to split up the weaknesses and resistances, though. I kinda want to keep them true to the way Pokemon is, but I dunno if I can do that. Also, if anyone could tell me what colors in the wheel fit with what types of Pokemon, that would be appreciated ^^

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

First off, you could just do the resistances and weaknesses with new rule paragraphs about Pokemon creatures and stuff.

Pokemon Type Colors

So, Pokemon has an own Card Game of course and you could just add in the brown fighting into red, but that would not really fit the color pie obviously.

I even thought about that myself and that is where I got to:

Normal is obviously colorless.

Fighting is about the fury of punching your enemy, that would be red.

Flying is a tough one, because it is either the Freedom (Red) or the Sky (White), I tend to bring it into White though.

Poison is about long lasting nasty damage effects, so it is Black.

Ground is either red because of the Mountains being the red symbol, or simply Colorless. Colorless is my personal favourite here.

Rock is the Hardness of Physical attacks, so it is Red.

Bug is Green - because Bug.

Ghost is either Black or Colorless, I would rather go with Black here.

Steel is either protection (White) or modern machinery (Blue). I tend to call it White, because Pokemon are no machines.

Fire is... well, guess. Red.

Water, even though it is not really fitting blue in a Knowledge way, it is a slow building and then booming Type, which fits Blue.

Grass is Green because of Nature and Growing and such, so it is Green.

Electro is tough again. It is either Modern Warfare (Blue) or Static Protection (White) or it is none of all (CL). I go with White IMO, but it is close.

Psychic is Blue because of that Magical thingy about it.

Ice is Blue just because Ice. It would rather be colorless, but Blue needs some Types and it is frozen Water. But it rather fits Colorless, I know.

Dragon is... guess, tough. They spit fire (red), they are superior creatures (green) and they know a lot of stuff (blue). I mostly go with Red.

Dark is Black obviously.

Fairy, the 6th Gen newcomer, sounds like a Green type so far.

Full list again:

COLORLESS

Normal

Ground

RED

Fire

Fighting

Rock

Dragon

BLUE

Water

Ice

Psychic

GREEN

Grass

Bug

Fairy

WHITE

Steel

Electric

Flying

BLACK

Dark

Ghost

Poison

Hope I could help you =)

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*
  • Guests

That is very helpful actually. Using that info, I've now added Rattata (thinking it should actually be 1/0) and fixed Moltres' Mythic Rare issue.

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Uhm, you are doing a little mistake there, according to Rule 520.5b: "A creature with toughness 0 or less is put into its owner’s graveyard. Regeneration can’t replace this event." - Magic rulebook as of its current version (9/9/13)

So you need to have at least a toughness of 1. If you want to simulate a creature with a toughness of zero, simply add a line like "This creature cannot deal damage by blocking." or something (My wording is horrible, but whatever). ;)

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*
  • Guests

Ahh, I didn'tthink about that. I'll make them a 1/1 and 2/1 instead then when I update again.

enesyugiohfan

enesyugiohfan

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUK

Shouldnt it be 'Normal pokemon.'?

No Signature, Now Get Outta' 'Ere!  :angry:

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Shouldnt it be 'Normal pokemon.'?

No, because Magic hates Pokemon. Race comes before the class, so Pokemon Normal ;)

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*
  • Guests

Have redone Rattata and Gastly and added Ditto.

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

I think Rattata should cost at least 2, because of its First Strike.

To Ditto: I think its ability is too cheap. I am talking of WAY too cheap. Maybe it should be a 5 or 6 to make it predestined to beat up some big creatures. ;)

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*
  • Guests

Edited Ditto and Rattata; added Pikachu. Should I start putting the cards in spoiler tags?

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

I like Pikachu. :) The cards are fine as they are now.

Should I start putting the cards in spoiler tags?

It would come in handy once you completed an Evolution Line. But 150 Spoilers is not what you should go for xD.

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*
  • Guests

I'm...I'm sorry...I tried not to...but I couldn't resist. It just couldn't be done. I've created a card that is a tribute to Missingno. It just had to be done. -flees- (It can be found in the spoiler tag, btw) Also, any help making it an even more ridiculously overpowered card would be nice. I mostly just went with the "corrupt your game and give you infinite of one item" thing.

Speaking of spoiler tags...is there a way to name them? I tried with an = then something in "" but it didn't work, so I tried without and it still didn't work...

EDIT: Also made a sort of "field card". Had no idea what I was doing, so definitely let me know if I did it horribly wrong lol

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

To MissingNo: I have no problem with it, as MtG decks are limited to 60 cards so you will NEVER reach 99 mana.;)

To the Stadium: There are 2 card types that could be fitting:

Enchantment: The Enchantment is like a buff, like "All your creatures get +3/+3 while this card is in play.", an "Enchantment - Aura" only is enchanted to one single creature, but for this stadium, a normal Enchantment is more fitting.

Land: The obvious thingy. Lands are the regions the Planeswalkers (Players) come across during their journeys, remembering them in their libraries. The most common lands are the "Basic Lands" (Basic is like Legendary, a 'Supertype', a basic card is like the Unlimited mechanic in YGO and WoWTCG, you can put as many in your deck as you want), but also the more rare lands tend to cost no mana, so you would have a problem with making it cost 2.

But this is Custom Stuff, so... do whatever you want as I would do ;)

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*
  • Guests

Redid Pokemon Stadium and created a Pokedex based off the Pokedex Pokemon TCG card.

Guest_crashedwin_*

Guest_crashedwin_*
  • Guests

To MissingNo: I have no problem with it, as MtG decks are limited to 60 cards so you will NEVER reach 99 mana. ;)

Constructed decks must contain a minimum of sixty cards. There is no maximum deck size; however, you must be able to shuffle your deck with no assistance.

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*

Guest_Emilyanncoons_*
  • Guests

Constructed decks must contain a minimum of sixty cards. There is no maximum deck size; however, you must be able to shuffle your deck with no assistance.

Depends on how well you follow with that rule. My brother-in-law's deck as over 200 cards in it. Sure, it's not tournament legal, but he still uses it in friendly competition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013