• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

XeneizeRuloso

XeneizeRuloso

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

First Card here. Came over from YGO card maker. Hope its not too OP and constructive criticism please. :D

Attached Files

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

So first off, I will rate like the biggest Magic Nerd since this is R&D ;)

For the Token Summoning, you have to say how powerful they should be, what color, maybe keywords, maybe a title.

So like "Summon 2 green 2/2 'Treant' tokens" or something.

And the effect is kinda poorly wrote, because you cannot "have" instants. What do you mean? Instants played out already? Instants on your hand?

And finally, Green is the color of powerful creatures. If the effect is not too strong, consider making it a 6/5 or even 6/6 because it is green ;)

I hope this did not appeared to rude, I am rather that Unglued guy :D Nice card nevertheless :)

"War is deception, a game best played... from the Shadows."

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*
  • Guests

I like the idea of this card, although I would make it Green/Blue to get the connection to instants.

You should at least have to tap it, or even better, only trigger it when entering the battlefield, so the tokenspamming won't get out of control (although I'm a fan of it; just look at my nickname).

For example: "When Denred, Ashfolk Biomancer, enters the battlefield, put {x} 1/1 Green Saproling-Creaturetokens onto the battlefield, where {x} is equal to the number of Instants you played during this turn."

or "[...] where {x} is equal to the number of instant and sorcery spells in your graveyard.".

Making it a green/blue Entering-trigger would also harmonize with blue flickering and such things.

Although it's a green card, you should consider making it both less expensive and weaker; It's supposed to make tokens, not battle (maybe add the defender ability?).

You say you came over from YGO-Cardmaker, so I think it's only natural to confuse the way MTG works. If you have questions about it just ask.

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*
  • Guests

By the way, it seems weird to reuse artworks of existing cards.

Kalam Mekhar

Kalam Mekhar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I would give comments on how good/bad this was, except it's very hard to not sound like a dick when the designer doesn't really know how Magic works. As written, the card does pretty much nothing. I could list many things I believe should be changed about this card, but I won't because the kind folk above pretty much said most of what I want to, and as I said, I hate sounding mean to new designers.

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

except it's very hard to not sound like a dick when the designer doesn't really know how Magic works

No its not. You should just keep swearing-like words out and especially reason why you think a card is wrong. (Something like (example, nothin to do with this card): "I think it should be 3/3 because in Magic green is the color with only a few, but instead very powerful creatures" instead of "FUCKING UP WOULD NEVER SEE PLAY FIX OR GO DIE!" Yes I have seen forums where those hardcore geeks talk like that.)

Kalam Mekhar

Kalam Mekhar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

No its not. You should just keep swearing-like words out and especially reason why you think a card is wrong. (Something like (example, nothin to do with this card): "I think it should be 3/3 because in Magic green is the color with only a few, but instead very powerful creatures" instead of "FUCKING UP WOULD NEVER SEE PLAY FIX OR GO DIE!" Yes I have seen forums where those hardcore geeks talk like that.)

Well yeah, I wouldn't be swearing all over the place and calling names like a child or anything. Maybe it's just me thinking I sound mean when I really don't, idk. I really do try to give honest feedback, and sometimes honesty really hurts. And I don't want to be the guy to show a new designer how little they know (not necessarily this designer, just in general).

• Deathdwarf likes this

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Well yeah, I wouldn't be swearing all over the place and calling names like a child or anything. Maybe it's just me thinking I sound mean when I really don't, idk. I really do try to give honest feedback, and sometimes honesty really hurts. And I don't want to be the guy to show a new designer how little they know (not necessarily this designer, just in general).

I did not exactly mean you. I meant idiots like that Slayer-72 guy for example, spamming threads with shit about wording (in unglued BTW) and not explaining it, but thanks god he is gone since the big shutdown of this website.

You did a pretty fine job at telling him what was wrong in your opinion, so no worries mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013