2 replies to this topic

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

http://s1234.photobu...iftet2.png.html

The link to the detailed world map. If you are interested, it could be worth looking into it. (Attention: It is a 4000x2000 PNG file, when zooming in, it will take its time to load)

Hey there folks!

Today I had an idea. Yea, great start, I know,

I decided to make a custom Plane for the MtG Multiverse and called it Garic. (It has nothing to do with the Planeswalker Garruk Wildspeaker, I simply liked the name.)

In Garic there are a lot of the races available in the MtG Multiverse. Amongst them are Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Elves (of different kind, reaching from Wood Elf to Drow), Orcs, Demons, Angels and several others. It is an entire planet, I will release cards to that in packs of around 5, 10 or 20. (Fucking Upload Restrictions will make me stick to a low number)

Garic is controlled by three Human Empires, one major Dwarven state (amongst some minor ones) and a relatively big, but in comparison to the Human Kingdoms quite small Elven Kingdom. Some races, like the Gnomes, some Dragon colors, or Angels, are allied with the three main races, some like the Goblins, some more intelligent Treefolk and the High Elves (The Kingdom of the Elves is ruled by a Wood Elven King) stand neutral to them, and some, like the Drow, the Undead, the Orcs, the Ogres or the Demons, are in bigger or smaller wars with the dominating races. It is the year 192 post Genesis (pG, happenings before Uther are bG).

Distribution of the World: Who rules where?

Spoiler

History of the Races: What made them what they are today? What are their virtues? What are their targets?

Spoiler

Gameplay: What will play like what?

Spoiler

The big heroes (Barim Silverhammer, Uther the Great, Valanar etc) will be Planeswalkers. A lot of creatures will be featured I can foretell. Because I like creatures.

Soooo, any feedback on the idea so far? Is it interesting? is this even the right place to post this? Or is boredom resulting in a creative burnout boring again? ;)

"War is deception, a game best played... from the Shadows."

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*
  • Guests

Works for me, but does time really have to be measured in "Birth of Uther", why not for example measure time from the first woodelf-king (xx year of the gladecrown or whatever?); It's just... weird, like

"It is the year 192 after the birth of Uther Pendragon" or "[...] Uther, Son of Demosthene" HELL! it's even year of motherfvcking Uther Partybringer!

Uther is basically too much of a common name, leeching the creativity of your world. You could go for "year 192 after the birth of Paul" and still get the same impact.

If the date is about someone specific, why don't you just go for XX pG, for example, with pG standing for post Genesis.

Btw I like to see someone giving a more differing approach to the elves, but maybe you want to keep them under the unified subtype Elf (except maybe for the Drows) wth just the colors changing.

Deathdwarf

Deathdwarf

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Works for me, but does time really have to be measured in "Birth of Uther", why not for example measure time from the first woodelf-king (xx year of the gladecrown or whatever?); It's just... weird, like

"It is the year 192 after the birth of Uther Pendragon" or "[...] Uther, Son of Demosthene" HELL! it's even year of motherfvcking Uther Partybringer!

Uther is basically too much of a common name, leeching the creativity of your world. You could go for "year 192 after the birth of Paul" and still get the same impact.

If the date is about someone specific, why don't you just go for XX pG, for example, with pG standing for post Genesis.

Btw I like to see someone giving a more differing approach to the elves, but maybe you want to keep them under the unified subtype Elf (except maybe for the Drows) wth just the colors changing.

A ) That is a damn good point and idea. If you allow it, I'll rip the idea of pG off your brain ;) BTW, each race has its same count of years, but for international events, the year count of the humans is taken because it is common in 3 of the 5 main kingdoms.

B ) I will. The High Elves will focus on the usage of Magic (blue > everything else), the Wood Elves will be defending their peace and their nature with big bravery (White = Green > everything else), while the Drow focus on an evil kind of combat they use to stay independent from the others. but mainly to terrorize the ruling races (black > red > everything else)(maybe you have not looked at the maps, but there are only settlements from 1,000 inhabitants mentioned so far and above in the list. The Drow have some small villages near the peninsula called "End of the World" where the western part of Garic goes into the Endless Ocean). They will be all labeled as Elves though. Bonuses that have to be race exclusive after the lore will only affect white and green/blue/red and black Elf cards.

Edit: Done with race history, started Gameplay.

"War is deception, a game best played... from the Shadows."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013