4 replies to this topic

Overlord Barty

Overlord Barty

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMiddle of nowhere, Planet Cray

So since I'm bored, I'm going to start a set. This card being a test for one of the mechanics:

zMboOL7.jpg

I'm unsure about the wording of it, and if the card is under/overcosted again. I'm also thinking of putting an Exile if it would be put into the grave after the first time.

Thoughts and fixes?

axecane.jpg
"Good Thing I brought my Axe Cane."

[spoiler='One of the best rants.'][/spoiler]

Chaos Pudding

Chaos Pudding

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Alright, lets take a look at this.

1BB for a 3/3 flyer is very very aggresively costed. Might want to make it a 2/3.

I don't like the name of your keyword ability. Make it 1 word. Also you don't have to specify "any" graveyard, it will always come from your graveyard.

I assume you want the activated ability to only work in the graveyard? In which case it would be this: 2BB, discard a card: Put Vampire Berserker from the graveyard onto the battlefield tapped. Activate only as a sorcery.

I could say more about balance, but I wouldn't really want to without playtesting.

DokDino

DokDino

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorth Georgia

There are methods to mill into someone else's graveyard.... technically. :P I agree though a 3/3 flyer for 1BB is a bit too good, 2BB would be much more balanced. You could maybe call the mechanic "Wailing" or something of that nature. 

Neat card it would work well with Grim-Grin Corpseborn of the current set.

Chaos Pudding

Chaos Pudding

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

There are methods to mill into someone else's graveyard.... technically. :P I agree though a 3/3 flyer for 1BB is a bit too good, 2BB would be much more balanced. You could maybe call the mechanic "Wailing" or something of that nature. 

Neat card it would work well with Grim-Grin Corpseborn of the current set.

Nope. Whenever a card enters a graveyard, it enters its owner's graveyard.

Guest_Justice Master_*

Guest_Justice Master_*
  • Guests

Chaos pretty much said what I wanted to say, but I have a bit to add. I like the idea of it, adding a new keyword ability. Plus, the keyword ability is nice at that. Along with your really cool idea nad meh execution(as pointed out by Chaos) and card a little more powerful than needed, I'll give you a 8/10

I want to see more from you and your keyword!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013