• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

pauly drummondi

pauly drummondi

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

hey everyone I am just new to this making your own card thing so be gentile and kind on remarks but please feel free to give me some guidance would be nice thanks

Attached Files

Gadjiltron

Gadjiltron

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Zombie King of Disaster text fix

Deathtouch, fear, double strike

All Zombies you control get +5/+5 bigger till end of turn Whenever Zombie King of Disaster attacks, all Zombies you control get +5/+5 until end of turn.

10/10 with a pile of upsides is ridiculously strong, even though it costs 2BBBB. Not to mention it can buff itself, making it an effective 15/15 double strike that's very difficult to block. As a commander or in 20-life formats, this is ridiculously strong. And that's before you take into account any other Zombies you're swinging with. On the defensive, deathtouch double strike makes this a grade A++ blocker.

Would recommend you cut the double strike, and reduce it to base 7/7 at best. Also edit the wording such that it can't boost itself.

That white card that has no name:

At the beginning of your upkeep, each player must exiles one target nonartifact creature from the battlefield.

Permanents you control gain can not be the targets of spells or abilities your opponents

UB: Gain control of target opponent's land an opponent controls until end of turn.

I am stumped by what this card is supposed to do. The final effect seems very tacked-on and off-colour.

Bringer of the Apocalypse is, well, badly designed. Instant-speed boardwipes are usually very high-costed. Take Rout for example, which needs a total of 5WW to wipe instant speed. Bringer might not hit humans, but it hits everything else that can remotely pose a threat to you - you can even exploit this by building a Human Tribal and getting a very low-costed selective boardwipe.

If you want boardwipes, use Wrath of God as your base comparison. Try not to have them go under cost 4 if they're sorceries, and try not to get them under cost 6 if they're instants. Legendary sorceries or instants are also rather unheard of since the legend rule is generally incompatible with them.

Aztegio

Aztegio

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Well i get the picture, but yet most of them are poorly worded. I feel you left that last one as a joke? Yet the other 2 looks like tributes to the respective musicians. Rob Zombie up there is top class game closer, altso taking into account that he is black makes him slightly harder to spot remove, due to "Doom blade" and "Victim of the night" not targeting him. And on a side note 15/15 Dubble Strike do not need a Deathtouch since even Emrakul kan not survive this guy... 

3/10

Regards Aztegio.

Gadjiltron

Gadjiltron

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

While Rob Zombie is immune to Doom Blade and Victim of the Night, do not forget that those two cards aren't exactly the best form of spot removal in, say, Modern. He still dies to Terminate or Path to Exile, for example, so those very specific immunities to certain cards are moot arguments.

Aztegio

Aztegio

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationDenmark

While Rob Zombie is immune to Doom Blade and Victim of the Night, do not forget that those two cards aren't exactly the best form of spot removal in, say, Modern. He still dies to Terminate or Path to Exile, for example, so those very specific immunities to certain cards are moot arguments.

Yep Path holds the ranking to "Removal" and "Terminate" is quite played, yet "Doom Blade" is a close 3 "Go for the Throat" is hower almost naver played due to "Cranium Plating" artifact decks. "Victim of the Night" did see alot a play not to long ago cause everyone was playing pod but lost its place to "Arupt Decay" quite fast i might add.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013