• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

alterfate007

alterfate007

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've finally created my first subset of magic cards. I did this not only to pay homage to some of my favorite characters, but also to spice up casual play (limit one per deck). Let me know what you think and any suggestions for revising.

Attached Files

Gadjiltron

Gadjiltron

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Just sayin' designing cards with the intention of getting them on the limited list is a bad habit in terms of designing. At least making them legendary is a better way to use the game mechanics to check them.

Lucifer's alt-cost is now more fair in comparison to his previous version. That's nice.

Lara Croft is as problematic as Tinker. You know how Blightsteel Colossus is godlike strong but has an uncomfortable casting cost? Now we can pull him out for only 5 mana.

I don't really have issue with the rest. Lots of them are 6 mana or higher and thus might only see EDH play, usually as a Commander themselves.

• moody likes this

alterfate007

alterfate007

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks for the input. As far as the design intention, this set is more for at home play and overall nostalgia, not official tournaments or strict play. I may make themed sets for that later. Right now, I'd just like a cool card to sneak into each of my normal decks for flavor and fun when I play with friends.

What I am trying to accomplish, though, is to make each card sync fairly well with its colors. I would love feedback on that.

I will probably change Lara Croft to put the artifact in hand.

Gadjiltron

Gadjiltron

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

All the cards seem rather fitting, when talking from a colour pie perspective. Odd to see intimidate on a pure white card, but since he's Batman, I'll let that slide.

When you intend to design a card to be limited in constructed deckbuilding, you're telling yourself "yeah it's going to be so powerful it'll go on the list, so I can get away with anything." Unless it's a joke card, it's not a good habit to cultivate as you dull yourself to seeing the general power curve. Not that any of your other cards are problematic barring Lara Croft, just expanding on my earlier point.

tank1995

tank1995

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

very nice! great work on the abilites and choice of mana colors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013