5 replies to this topic

DokDino

DokDino

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorth Georgia

Ok, my first card idea was kind of a bust and oddly similar to World Warp (unintentionally). Here is my second thought.

Attached Files

Krieg of Keld

Krieg of Keld

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Locationon top of Emrakul, dressed in the skin of a Phyrexian obliterator I killed myself.

creative and smart, but certainly not a mythic.

tumblr_m1sjkv9SrJ1r5zfj8o1_500.gifI may or may not have a slight obsession with Hellsing.  

Guest_Mouth Stitched Shut_*

Guest_Mouth Stitched Shut_*
  • Guests

You use the album cover of a Cannibal Corpse album?

Really?

Also, I feel like the card's playability is a bit narrow, and as a result seems undercosted. Perhaps if you widen the targets to their color and increase the converted mana cost by 1 colorless, and lower its rarity to uncommon, then it would make more sense.

Guest_Justice Master_*

Guest_Justice Master_*
  • Guests

Too situational for my liking. That doesn't mean it's bad, it's effect is fine. It's balanced as far as I'm concerned. It just has little payoff for a largely situational aspect. Therefore, I wouldn't see it getting used and it would probably be forgotten, even with its potential. Remember, underwhelming does not mean balenced.

3/10 For being well made, but not ideally playable at all.

Jdrawer

Jdrawer

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

creative and smart, but certainly not a mythic.

Then again, neither should be Worldfire.

I'd restrict the effect to all creatures you control with that name (for the sake of cannibalism), but give it more counters, +2/+2 counters, etc.

Kalam Mekhar

Kalam Mekhar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Meh. This kind of thing is always a bit too weird to really stand out to me, so I'm not the best person to defend Johnny cards like this. I do like that it doesn't explicitly say you have to eat your own creatures, because the flavor is powerful enough to get that message across by itself. I mean, everyone knows what cannibalism is, so you don't need to tell them. So good execution there (no pun intended. or is it?). Also, it widens the card's potential use, especially in Limited, as an unpredictible answer in a mirror match. Although, it's a mythic so the chances of this card ever having that impact is very slim. I would really pull it down to rare. It seems too strange and potentially really busted at uncommon in sealed or something, so I'd stick with rare.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013