Rodrigo

Rodrigo

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMaringá - Paraná - Brazil

148.jpg

Apparently, the hype wasn't just hype. This card is just incredible.

tumblr_mhuoelxkkl1r8m99bo1_500.gif

Guest_Skyfall the Radiant_*

• Guests

Card is fast as well. Strong in R/W Storm. 4 damage to a player, reusing it with Grim Lavamancer for 6 just burning away at life.

Giving everything indestructability is an absolutely strong ability for 2. Protects from the bigger threats that exist. Except Terminus.

Borderline Unplayable

Borderline Unplayable

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationInnistrad

It's actually ridiculously annoying how much this card by itself influences deck building.

The aggro decks are at the point where control feels like it almost has to just play an "oops, I win" strategy, with the amount of protection against wraths and spot removal R/w now has. I do like how this card kinda makes Mutilate better, in a sense, though.

Chaos Pudding

Chaos Pudding

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

It's probably the best card printed with Charm in its name. The double strike mode is surprisingly the least relevant of the 3 modes, and even then it can allow a creature to trade when it might normally not.

Guest_Justice Master_*

Guest_Justice Master_*
  • Guests

Yeah, this, along with the other similar strategy supports, are going to change the metagame in a huge way. I'm excited.

• Guests

But they already have though. Gatecrash Pro Tour.

Boros Reckoner+Azorius Charm+Boros Charm is a really strong combo. Not many decks can compete with infinite life RDW is too weak against life gain alone.

With Joel Larsson already taking it to the finals, it is already taking effect to the meta.

Borderline Unplayable

Borderline Unplayable

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationInnistrad

It should be noted that the other decks in the top 8 you'd expect to be playing it weren't playing it.

It's good, yes, but it's not amazing. It does the job it needs to do, but other cards fill other roles better in a lot of decks, and this really isn't that useful in them. Boros Charm is only good in Joel's deck as a pseudo-Lava Spike, really, with an infinite life combo that requires 3 specific cards and is in no way a reason to run a card.

Kalam Mekhar

Kalam Mekhar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Yeah, I'm fairly certain the Reckoner combo deck was a rogue for that particular tournament and I don't imagine it will see much play in that incarnation. As Borderline says, a 3 card combo in three colors isn't all that great to shoot for. It is probably the cheapest infi combo in Standard right now, though.

Boros Charm, however, does kick some serious butt, and I've had much more success giving a Rancor-ed dude double strike than any other mode. Protection from sweepers is pretty neat though. Oh yeah, and I'll kill your walker too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013