9 replies to this topic

Rodrigo

Rodrigo

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMaringá - Paraná - Brazil

Wizards decided that they needed to slow down Jund and Storm, and they really did it.

tumblr_mhuoelxkkl1r8m99bo1_500.gif

Borderline Unplayable

Borderline Unplayable

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationInnistrad

Don't really care about the Seething Song hit, but my reaction to the BBE hit has gone from annoyed to worried to really damn glad. It stops Jund smashing control out of the format, and I for one am happy to be slinging around Cryptic Commands.

Guest_Skyfall the Radiant_*

• Guests

Frankly, I am rather happy with new decks to some about. Delver being one of them, the deck to be, if speculated properly.

Borderline Unplayable

Borderline Unplayable

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationInnistrad

You mean Delver-less Delver, right?

• Guests
If that is what is now, then yes. UX Tempo really. I thought it was American Delver. Actually, Pod decks might also be the deck to beat as well based on recent tournament results.

Borderline Unplayable

Borderline Unplayable

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationInnistrad

American Delver was just weak because you can't reliably flip the Delver. It's just become American Geist of Saint Traft, which I think it should have been the whole time anyway since Geist is the reason the deck can kill opponents fast.

• Guests
Just like standard delver though. Delver was never the card that won games either. It was Geist.

Kalam Mekhar

Kalam Mekhar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Unless of course you got the god draw of turn one delver, turn two flip, delver, turn three flip, delver...oh wait, I won already? Yeah, Geist was definitely the main beats for that deck though. I will say I'm a fan of Delver/Guttersnipe decks though, even if they're not quite good enough in most cases.

Guest_Slayer-72_*

Guest_Slayer-72_*
  • Guests

it's really wierd seeing my favorite red and blue commons, Ponder and seething song, on a ban list next to Jace, the mind sculptor, and uzemawa's Jitte. 

anyone mind explaining those to me?

Borderline Unplayable

Borderline Unplayable

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationInnistrad

Ponder is just too good for combo in the format, simply put. It helps combo decks see too many cards for WotC's taste.

Seething Song is what let UR Storm break the 4 turn rule, albeit a weird banning anyway given Storm was only really popular due to its price.

If anything, before BBE's ban, there was plenty a good argument for unbanning Jace, and there probably still is, in all fairness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013