• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Fire

Fire

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If you did like Deathtouch more, would it be better to have higher health, or higher damage?

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

If you'd have two questions about Deathtouch, would you ask them in two or just one thread?

Don't bother I already know the answer.

You mean just in general whether a Deathtouch-Creature benefits more from a focus in Strength or Toughness?

Depends on your play-style and your deck. One of the strongest DT's  is Vampire Nighthawk with 2/3,

but I think that's more because of its combined abilities, not the stats.

I guess it's all going back to the question, how you want to utilize Deathtouch;

Most blockers are automatically lost against an attacking DT, so you CAN use High-Power variations to some extends.

But instead you could as easily go for Intimidate, can't be blocked, or protection etc, not even giving your opponent the choice of blocking.

Personally I prefer Deathtouch with high toughness. They are just much more versatile in their ability to survive while damaging.

Give them Vigilance and you have constant damage and pressure.

The Macerator

The Macerator

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Probaby higher health if you have Deathtouch. It doesn't really matter how much attack you have if you have Deathtouch (correct me if i'm wrong). If something has 1 attack but like 8 health, then that creature can kill anything and can stay alive longer. To make that creature even more OP, then Give it a Haste enchantment, 0/1or more enchantment, or idk, just give it a lot of enchantments.

Phase

Phase

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Well, Master of Cruelties has First-strike and Deathtouch, and if he's unblocked, your opponents life total becomes 1.  He's a crazy op card, especially if you can make him unblockable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013