• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Phase

Phase

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

The archons are all from each of the ten Ravnican guilds, expressing each of their qualities.  I don't have a picture for any of them.

1. Orzhov

2. Gruul

3. Golgari

4. Dimir

5. Rakdos

6. Izzet

7. Azorius

8. Simic

9. Selesnya

10. Boros

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

All of them are very weak with the exception of the boros one, which is fairly balanced, and the izzet one which is INSANELY OVERPOWERED BEYOND ALL REASON. You may not realize it, but this means you can cantrip spells infinitely then easy grape shot for infinite damage. Some archons don't even match the guild's features.

Still, good job on the cards!

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

What is actually missing, is a direct connection to the current mechanics. Shadowborn Rider, for example, feels like a black/white-card, but not really like an actual Orzhov-creature, at least not, if compared to the interpretation within the still relatively new  Return to Ravnica-block, where the Orzhov are a lot more about stealing life etc. Battalion Rider on the other hand basically just has a strong version of the Boros' Battalion-mechanic, which works just fine, in my opinion. You might consider reworking some of these cards, setting them up to share more synergy with extort, overload, etc.

Phase

Phase

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

I didn't know if i should make them insanely over the top, like izzet one, or underpowered.  I will really rework them. Thanks

allthingsD3rp

allthingsD3rp

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

and what is up with making them all 6 CMC?

you don't have to put rider at the end of all the cards names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013