What should I do to balance this?

Attached Files

Phase

Phase

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

This is unlglued, like crazy.  Admin!  Please move this!

Phase

Phase

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

I only want the move as it is in the wrong place.  No offense or anything.

• NEOtype Generation and Dwbnerd like this

monarch111

monarch111

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAmerica

It is ok, honest mistake

Dwbnerd

Dwbnerd

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Np! Also how should I go about balancing it?

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Unglued <> Balancing.

These two are polar opposites. You don't balance unglued, therefore it's unglued. Unglued means pure parody, humor, and cards that should NEVER exist, so yeah, no balancing necessary or even recommended.

But there is some correction necessary, regarding your syntax (which btw is just a fancy word for structure of written text, in this case).

You don't place tokens, but counters on permanents. The first ability would be written out as 

"Put one [WHATEVER]-counter on Cecil, then put one  [COLOR] 5/5 Hooded Figure creature token onto the battlefield under your control for each [WHATEVER]-counter on Cecil.

These creature tokens [insert whatever you want here]"

The line "Hooded Figures destroy anything cards that attack it directly" doesn't work at all. First of all, if you write it like this, it is a static ability of Cecil, so once he's gone, they don't do anything (except being 5/5, DAMN!)

You'd have to write it as  if they HAD "Destroy any creature that attacks this creature.", which wouldn't work anyway, since in MtG Creatures can not attack other creatures. They can FIGHT other creatures, if another card forces them (for example "Pit Fight" or "Time to Feed"), but there is no constant option of attack opposing creatures. A player may attack another player, who in turn may BLOCK with his creatures.

So instead you'd have to change it into "Destroy any creature that would deal damage to this creature."

The second ability would be written out as "Put a 5/5 [COLOR] Intern creature token onto the battlefield, tapped and attacking. Exile it at the end of this turn."

Instead of looking for ways to actually balance it (it IS unglued), let's check, whether it is actually strong.

Kind of... both yes and no, I guess.

It is theoretically strong, but the cost is not only high (almost BALANCED in this regard), but weirdly explicit, without almost any colorless mana, especially in its abilities.

Anyway, it's no masterpiece, but it works just fine as a firsttime card.

Only question:

Is that actually the respective illustrator's name?

Dwbnerd

Dwbnerd

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No, was created by the podcast creator of who's name I do not know. I put my name as to claim the card as explicitly mine

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Please, do the MtG community in general and this forum in particular a favor and put either the illustrators name or an empty space there.

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

I think I may see one major problem here is that you are sticking 100% to the original show, which simply can't be done without being unbalanced. Also, everything Exmortis said about the abilities, although there are still wierd things about the cards. Here is my best attempt to make a balanced version of the card. Good job for a starter though! This card is still unglued a bit, even with these edits, but that is mainly because of the fact that he is a radio host.... and I can't find art suited for MTG anywhere.

Attached Files

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Did you actually take the time to download/make a horse-icon for mse?! LOL! That's awesome.

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Lol, made it specifically for the MLP cards I made, but now I'm just using it for all cards said to be unglued.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013