Photo

Pokemon Kanto Series [30/151]

pokemon kanto mtg cards

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating system (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate my cards so far.

1. 1/5 They are bad. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2/5 They are just not good enough. (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3/5 Not bad, needs fixing. (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

4. 4/5 Pretty good keep it up. (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

5. 5/5 They are excelent, please make some more. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

I decided i should make all pokemons from first season AKA Kanto into MtG cards. I will try to even make support cards. As for the fake types dont judge i will change as long as i find the right ones, for now it will be like this.And the colors are all mesed up thats because i want to make them fall into their respectable group by their in game type.I tryed to make them as balanced as posibble, except for legendaries they are OP. I will divide them into their in game types.

Log

Spoiler

Esper Pokemons
Spoiler

Fairy Pokemons
Spoiler

Fighting Pokemon
Spoiler

Ice Pokemons
Spoiler

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Preferred the old version. Adding pokemon-types zaps the flavor. It's more fun to transfer pokemon into MtG-cards, instead of just putting pokemon-cards with MtG-frames.

Btw why esper? whaaat?

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Yeah I was confused by that to, esper is a guild in magic that is White Blue and Black

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Yes, that's exactly why I'm confused. Especially since I never ever heard Esper in any relation to pokemon. Also, what's up with these names? Is Bariyado something like the secret superhero identy of Mr. Mime?

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Ugh i have to clearify that Esper thing, Esper is Psychic, japanese original type was not Psychic its translated that way. And Bariyado i dunno sounds like barrier, tho he is a barrier pokemon. Types are now in mtg way.

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Naming them after their original names might get confusing for a lot of people, though. Also I don't think that the whole Abra-Tribe mis actually that black, rather than being kind of blue-ish, at least Dimir-colored.

• Marvel Kid likes this

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Allrighty i will fix that tommorow, in the meantime for any color issue please comment, i am kinda bad with them.

EDIT: I might think about changing names but they wont be unique that way hm dunno.

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Fighting types have been added, any feedback will be apreciated.

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Maybe give Poliwrath the additional Frog-type?

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Right, that will be done, do ya have any creative effects for Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee i kinda dont like the current ones.

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

I guess that making Hitmonchan red/white would be a good start. Also, you might want to make them a mirrored pair (don't know which one required higher attack or defense to evolve from whatever its name was).

Give Hitmonchan some damaging ability/forcing to be blocked, maybe give Hitmonlee an ability with drawback, like its signature whatever-kick.

Murder_Meatball

Murder_Meatball

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSweden

There are a bunch of balancing issues and oddities throughout the set. If I were you I would search through:   http://gatherer.wiza...es/Default.aspx  a bunch to try and find abilities similar to those you use and try and see how they are balanced and composed. There are some rather underpowered cards (not really a problem), some really powerful cards (maybe a problem) and several abilities that do not really follow the typical mtg colours. A good example of weird colouring is Aricuno's land destruction: That is a very, very red ability. I guess you haven’t started dealing with rarity that much yet, but several cards (despite not being awfully unbalanced cards per say) really does not fit in common rarity. Finally I think that some cards are possibly to strong (or weak) to fit the flavour of the pokémons.

All in all I think it is a fun concept and you are on your merry way. Keep it up! :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”
/ Philip K. Dick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013