• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

lWJLAfl.jpg

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

That's... weird.

I like the concept, but what if your opponent can't use any of the exiled card's colors?

Then it would be just clearing the manapool for free.

Also, clearing the manapool is way weaker than one might think. It is only efficient against certain cards, that allow you to keep mana, instead of emptying it at the end of a turn,

since between tapping lands for mana and casting a spell, there is no room for counteraction of other players until the card is already paid and on

the stack.

Commandant

Commandant

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

For some reason, I thought that the mana is spent after a spell is cast. Will change it to be more like what I intended.

Commandant

Commandant

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Second version.

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Wait wahaaahaaat?! That's super strong! And cool! maybe have it entering the battlefield tapped?

Commandant

Commandant

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Comparing it to Cavern of Souls, (I do realize that it isn't the best card with which to define an appropriate limit for card utility) I don't think that it's necessary for it to enter tapped. You're already losing an early creature or mana rock, and against a control deck, that loss of tempo isn't really worth it. I made this partly because of my own observations on playing a control deck in Modern (though my playgroup leans towards the casual end of the spectrum).

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

But it's so strong! That's one Split Second per turn, for free. 

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

How would this interact with colorless permanants? Would it generate colorless mana, or no mana at all?

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

If an effect would add colored mana, but can't find the color its looking for, it simply adds colorless. (I believe so anywho)

Ikatsui

Ikatsui

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

If it would generate colorless mana, then I would suggest it coming into play tapped. because otherwise you could just toss out an Ornithopter or Menmite, play this and exile it, then begin tossing out split-seconds right on turn one. If it doesn't add colorless, then I think it's fair enough to not need to come into play tapped.

Commandant

Commandant

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

If it would generate colorless mana, then I would suggest it coming into play tapped. because otherwise you could just toss out an Ornithopter or Menmite, play this and exile it, then begin tossing out split-seconds right on turn one. If it doesn't add colorless, then I think it's fair enough to not need to come into play tapped.

Fair point. I needed to find the correct wording for dealing with colour, and it turns out to be simpler than I had thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013