EDH Commander Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Guest_dragonfly907B_*

Guest_dragonfly907B_*
  • Guests

Ok, so I know that in EDH the commander sits in its own little command zone and can be cast from there for an increasing cost based on how often you cast it. My question is, While it is in the Command Zone, do its abilities still function? I seem to remember hearing that they did somewhere, but I'm not sure. I mean, I would assume the things that activate when they attack don't work, but what about things that require paying mana (like, pay x mana to regenerate target creature) or a continuous ability (like, creatures you control have vigilance)?

Guest_Slayer-72_*

Guest_Slayer-72_*
  • Guests

no, i do not believe so. the comander zone acts like a graveyard, library and hand for commanders. 

Guest_dragonfly907B_*

Guest_dragonfly907B_*
  • Guests

Ok, thanks

Kalam Mekhar

Kalam Mekhar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

He is correct. The Commander simply remains there until cast, nothing else. This is the same zone that Scheme cards from Archenemy or Plane cards from Planechase are played.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013