• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Nightmare Stomper

Nightmare Stomper

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Hey! First I'd like to say that Magic is f******** awesome, and that I just started playing yesterday (nearly half a year after my first post of converting the "Timelord" archetype to MTG) - I've decided to convert yet another Yu-Gi-Oh! Archetype into MTG -

For balancing purposes, I want you to not hate on YGO for one second, and pretend like you've no idea that these cards are imports. I've tried to keep the original flavor as much as possible, while retaining the superpowered effects of this archetype and it's great synergy.

Here they are. Shaddolls.

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA
These are pretty good for a fresh convert. Still WAY TOO wordy. I point u to look at my own work for who the construction of the Abilities is to look. Also I'm gonna point u to MSE (magic set editor) look for it on sourceforge.net/MSE. It's free and guide u trough how to build beautiful cards, (not saying these aren't beautiful but, they could use a work over).

If you are interested in my teaching you about MSE or magic at all if be happy to take you under my wing.

LSW

"Let the wisdom flow, Let the emotion recede, Let the blood run silently, Let the night come once again."

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

its a reasonable and well made exchange and as far as i can see they just need a little fix in the wording and they could very well be useable

Nightmare Stomper

Nightmare Stomper

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

alright what kind of wording issues? (thanxx btw :D so kindd)

as in, how to I prevent the El Shaddolls from being cast normally (except for exhuberant Mana costs)

And wordy? Do I create a key word? How would I rephrase this :P Also your link is dead :P

@LSW I'm flipping through your stuff atm

Is this better for Egrystal?

Once per turn, you may discard 1 Shaddoll creature to counter a creature spell.

Also I removed all the flavor text.

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

the actual link NMS is: http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

for the rewording

1) "Creature name cannot be cast during your First, Second, Third or Fourth...etc etc... turns",

2) "Creature name enters the battlefield tapped and cannot untap during your First, Second, Third... etc etc... turns"

3) Sacrifice a creature, T: You may cast this as if you would be casting an Instant. You may counter a non-land permanent you don't control. "and a negative buff directed at you: I.E. You lose (X) [X is usually 2-5 life] life, or "Card Name" cannot untap during your next untap step.

these are just a few of the ways you can 'nerf' and 'buff' at the same time for balancing.

LSW

"Let the wisdom flow, Let the emotion recede, Let the blood run silently, Let the night come once again."

Nightmare Stomper

Nightmare Stomper

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

The generic shaddoll monsters are fine I suppose?

Then what of the wording on the fusion, does it make sense?

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

sent it the graveyard by an effect = is destroyed by a spell or ability

far alter cast use = as an additional cost to cast (fill in)

Nightmare Stomper

Nightmare Stomper

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

far alter cast use = as an additional cost to cast (fill in) 

what does that mean? also, I don't wnat just destroyed, if they're sacrificed or milled, they gain their effects. Also I thought about writing "You cannot cast this card" on the fusions, so that they must be cast with the instant or the sorcery.

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

instead of destroy use die

and the alt cost is adding a cost like sacrificing a creature or discarding

Nightmare Stomper

Nightmare Stomper

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Dies doesn't cover it. Dies is only from the battlefield. :P

Alright, so the fusions will just cost 20 Mana and that's it.

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

fusion = as an additional cost to cast [this spell] sacrifice two creatures with shaddoll in its name

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

ok NSM what Gin is meaning is take the old mechanic/ability Recover: Recover 5 (When a creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay 5. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, exile this card.)

What this ability states is that if any of your creatures were to head for the grave you could pay the mana cost in this case 5 colorless to return a specific card from the grave that would match this. If not exile it.

Sometimes. we can't have creatures abilities activating willy-nilly when they die or are milled. Some do, but most don't. It would break the logic of the game to do so. Activation without ANY form of negative payment would be as we call Over Powered.

Nightmare Stomper

Nightmare Stomper

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Ah I see, the mechanic is non-transferable to MTG. I see, I'll find a way to retain the flavor.

-> And I just did: Here it is.

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

what you can always do NMS is to use MSE the link i posted (the corrected link) links directly to the homepage from there just click on Downloads and choose the most recent for MSE I believe its MSE 2.00.00.0

If you really looked at my sets you noticed that quite a few of the Mechanics/Abilities were custom created for those sets.

LSW

Nightmare Stomper

Nightmare Stomper

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Ok I'll scan through. I'm using MSE. :P

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

the power of mse http://forum.mtgcard...-magic-preview/

Nightmare Stomper

Nightmare Stomper

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Hm I understand, I'll go for one more balancing round and post them on this post.

EDIT: I don't think the once per turn is necessary in this game, because of the way in which the altered mechanics work.

Nightmare Stomper

Nightmare Stomper

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Done!

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

this is an acceptable fix

edit el shaddol 20 isnt that op to need 20 cost just an additional cost

Nightmare Stomper

Nightmare Stomper

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I know; I just buffed the bosses because they're took weak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013