• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Professor Stein (from Soul Eater)

Attached File  stein.jpg   158.85KB   1 downloads

I spend quite awhile on these to try to balance them,

or to just make them really awesome. Please give feedback/ideas for my next cards.

I will be uploading a few more tonight~

Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Would this count as an unglued card?

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*
  • Guests

Since it is an anime character, this would be an unglued card, but it seems that you want it to be balanced so I try my best to help you.

First of all, since he's a person, you should make him a legendary creature. He should also be a bit more expensive, like at least {2}{b}{b}.

His effect could be written out more defined, although I like the idea behind it: "When Professor Stein enters the battlefield, have target creature's Power and Toughness switched."

Also these +1/+0 counters are weird. Maybe you should make it +1/+1 counters instead, but lower the toughness on him.

The problem is, that his first ability is unreliable, since it will only help you against a creature with a difference between power and toughness, but not influence it's bonuses

of other abilities, like for example a 2/1 creature, that has an enchantment with +2/+2 bonus, would be 4/3 creature, that turns into a 3/4 creature after it's hit by Stein's effect.

Also he's missing out on the teacher part of his character.

I think, my take on him would be something like this:

Professor Stein, {3}{b}{b}, Legendary Creature, Human Scientist 2/2;

Intimidate; When Stein enters the battlefield, target creature an opponent controls gets -2/-2 until end of turn. ; Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard, if this creature was dealt damage by

a creature you control, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.

I would also add some awesome quote from or about him as flavor text^^

Happy to see some Soul Eater cards in the future

Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

the +1/+0 is so its just a buff towards his power. if it gave a counter to both power and toughness, he would never die. and there is a creature coming out in theros that has to do with his power rising depending on how many instants and sorceries are in your graveyard. so only raising the power wasn't too bad of an idea. and the idea of switching the power/toughness of a target creature, it kind of balances him out a little bit, and if played right it can help a lot.

4wqD1.png

Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

and there are instance spells that can kill him in 1 shot. so its not that bad.. and yea, i plan on making some really cool cards :D

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*
  • Guests

I didn't want to criticize your design choices^^ I knew what you were going for and tried my best to help you to keep it playable in a wider variation of strategies, while keeping a similar feeling to him.

Don't mid to much if a creature CAN become too strong, thats why it starts off weak and people play it in the first place; Just imagine how many creatures Stein has to kill to even become a threat at all.

If you want too keep his abilities this way you should at least buff him up to 2/4 instead of only 1/4 and give him that "Intimidate" so he is still useful when overpowered by stronger creatures.

Diablerie

Diablerie

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I like the idea that i can choose to have 4/1 or alternatively have 1/4 and maybe kill 0/* creature. I think the cost is low too. {b}{b}{b}? I think professors belong in modern world, not in mtg. Teacher, scientist, alchemist? 

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*
  • Guests

It can be any type chosen by its creator; Isn't this kind of the fun in magic? That it can emulate any fictive scenario/setting/world without limitation?

With New Phyrexia, even the official Magic went a bit overboard in the direction of Cyberpunk, so the type professor works just fine in general, although you have a point in this case; Scientist may fit Stein better.

Diablerie

Diablerie

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Yeah. It be the day when fighter pilots arrive. Sorcery: Enola Gay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013