Guest_Mouth Stitched Shut_*

• Guests

CrZVpKG.png

OCG fix time~

Haste, intimidate ~Rai

Whenever ~ attacks, it deals 1 damage to defending player. ~Chris

{2}{R}: ~ gains flying until end of turn. ~Rai

Because apparently my non-administrative privileges won't let me download MSE. 

Edited by Yan-Tsundere Barrel, 04 February 2013 - 02:59 PM.

Rodrigo

Rodrigo

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMaringá - Paraná - Brazil

It's an aggressive card. Interesting.

It even has some sort of additional evasion for the late game.

tumblr_mhuoelxkkl1r8m99bo1_500.gif

Phosphorus

Phosphorus

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
OCG fix time~

Haste, intimidate
Whenever ~ attacks, it deals 1 damage to target opponent.
{2}{R}: ~ gains flying until end of turn.

Just three things to note.
1. Colons are only used to specify the cost for a triggered effect, so it should always be optional if you use one. Use "whenever" if it's mandatory.
2. The phrase is "target opponent" to account for multiplayer games.
3. Mana costs for cards are usually written in the order of XNWUBRG, where N is any number of colorless mana. (Some double colored goes backwards around the color pie, i.e. GW, GU and RW.)

Borderline Unplayable

Borderline Unplayable

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationInnistrad

OCG fix time~

Just two things to note. Colons are only used to specify the cost for a triggered effect, so it should always be optional if you use one. Use "whenever" if it's mandatory. Additionally, mana costs for single colored cards always are written in the order of XNWUBRG, where N is any number of colorless mana. (I specify single colored here because double colored follows the color pie in a way that's a bit more complex.)

I do believe you meant to say colons are used to specify the cost of an "Activated ability" not a triggered effect.

Also, wouldn't it be "~ deals 1 damage to defending player"?

This would actually make for a really decent common, probably a first pickable one in limited. Its constructed applications leave more to be desired though, a 2/1 with haste (even with evasion) for 3 mana is still a 2/1 for 3 with no huge impact. 1 damage is still fair, of course, any higher and it'd start getting silly or would probably require some form of hoop to be jumped through. Still, rather stellar and flavourful design.

Phosphorus

Phosphorus

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Only realized those after I posted. I'm still learning, sue me. P:

Chaos Pudding

Chaos Pudding

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Creatures with flying as an activated ability aren't in red's color pie.

• Guests

OCG fixes added.

Yeah, still a bit rusty.

Mana cost was to play it safe. Having only to pay 2 mana for a 2-power attack with a +1 burn seems kinda harsh.

As for the color pie... meh. The horse has wings, plus giving flying would require a higher cost, which would take away its common status.

.Rai

.Rai

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Creatures with flying as an activated ability aren't in red's color pie.

Primary in Blue, Secondary in White, Red and Black. So, it's actually fine. Anyway, points of interest:

- Both 'defending player' and 'target opponent' work, but they function differently. In a multiplayer game, 'target opponent' will allow you to choose any opponent. 'Defending player' in that situation will only be able to burn the player you are attacking.
- As a common, it's too complex. It's almost certainly uncommon. Commons should generally be fairly simple. Therefore remove intimidate, or remove the activated flying. Doesn't need two evasion abilities. You'd just about get away with it as a Common then.

Borderline Unplayable

Borderline Unplayable

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationInnistrad

This has roughly the complexity of Heirs of Stromkirk, really... Which is a well set common.

• Guests

I put a strike through the effects, just so they're still there to alternate viewpoints.

.Rai

.Rai

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

This has roughly the complexity of Heirs of Stromkirk, really... Which is a well set common.

It becomes complex as soon as you add an activated ability, two static abilities, and a battle trigger. The closest Red common in complexity I can think of is Goblin Fire Fiend. Which was back in Ravnica when complexity was generally higher on a Common level.

My qualm with this card was that the complexity comes from placing both intimidate and flying on the same card. No card actually has that combination for good reason.

Rodrigo

Rodrigo

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMaringá - Paraná - Brazil

It becomes complex as soon as you add an activated ability, two static abilities, and a battle trigger. The closest Red common in complexity I can think of is Goblin Fire Fiend. Which was back in Ravnica when complexity was generally higher on a Common level.

My qualm with this card was that the complexity comes from placing both intimidate and flying on the same card. No card actually has that combination for good reason.

Withengar Unbound disagrees.

Then again he's a Mythic. :P

tumblr_mhuoelxkkl1r8m99bo1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013