3 replies to this topic

Commandant

Commandant

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

VLwn6Bn.jpg

Inspired by Thundermare (and Timbermare), perhaps Nightmare, Spitemare, and Wispmare, as well as Sunblast Angel.

Gadjiltron

Gadjiltron

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

I find it odd for black to have this kind of restriction on their wraths. I understand it's a wrath on a body, but still.

This immediately brings to mind Sunblast Angel, and this card is essentially that, minus the equivalent of a flying bear. Which should theoretically put it nicely on the power curve, extrapolating downwards from Sunblast. The ability to flash-evoke it is nice when you're playing control, though.

I feel that the evoke cost should be altered slightly - maybe to 4BB instead of 5B.

Commandant

Commandant

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

I find it odd for black to have this kind of restriction on their wraths. I understand it's a wrath on a body, but still.

I feel that the evoke cost should be altered slightly - maybe to 4BB instead of 5B.

Both for flavour reasons. Thundermare costs 5R and taps all creatures, so this was in direct reference to it.

Tapped creatures here represented as emotionally drained and more susceptible to depression and losing the will to live.

Aztegio

Aztegio

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationDenmark

I like it, it's a black Rout (instant bord clear) and you can infact play around it in esper control, by having all tapped creatures then response untap them with this on the stack. I don't think it's supposed to be more mana heavy it's like people keep forgetting that most formats don't have Dark Ritual. 1 Black is fine.

Regards Aztegio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013