• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ES.Marcus

ES.Marcus

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

These are just some cards I thought would be fun to play with and some cool mechanics I thought would be nice.  Please let me know what you think of the cards and the abilities   :)

All art is not owned or created by me.  Just placeholder to give you an idea of the character/effect.

Any suggestions for flavor text is appreciated as well to build lore for the cards as well :D

(Also I recently changed Lich Lord's ability to also "enslave" the creature)

Attached Files

• leon_99 and Gogoman321 like this

Goji

Goji

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I really like the Scouting Tactics and Sunstriker Knight cards, they're very unique and would be a lot of fun to play with. Sunstriker would be really OP if you had a card that could return cards to your hand. I have a small criticism: where is the power and toughness for the creatures?

ES.Marcus

ES.Marcus

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I've made some changes to the cards as Goji suggested (can't believe I forgot the power and toughness lol) and also added a few more cards!  Feedback is more than appreciated!

Jdrawer

Jdrawer

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Plague Assault: As an additional cost... [space] ... Put 2 -1/-1 counters each on up to three target creatures target opponent (or should it be "an opponent" or "your opponents"? You don't make it clear.) controls. Those creatures cannot block this turn.

I think the cost definitely balances the 6 (count 'em, 6) -1/-1 counters being doled out, but the 3 creatures not being able to block is majorly good. Which is bad.

Lich Lord: Creatures you control have enslaved. [space] {B}{B}, {t}: Put 2 -1/-1 counters on target creature. That creature gains enslaved. Gain control of that creature.

Liches are Zombies, not Demons.

The reminder text for enslaved should read: When this creature dies, create a 1/1 black Thrull creature token.

Phalanx Formation reads like it'd stall the game out. Also, you forgot a period.

Enslave allows me to gain control of 1-toughness creatures for {B}. I don't think that's what you're going for. Instead, you might want to rewrite it as:
2BB: Exile target creature. Create a 1/1 black Thrull creature token.

Scouting Tactics should just read: Creatures have hexproof during the combat phase.

Sunstriker Knight is missing a period and is probably too cheap given how busted legacy can be.

I hope these help :D

• Gogoman321 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013