hello!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Guest_thefatbob_*

Guest_thefatbob_*
  • Guests

hi! i have come here from the yugioh card maker, and i honestly don't know where to start. i am fairly new to magic, and i know the basics, but am i little confused with all the different types and rarities and subtypes and all, so if someone could help me with that, i would greatly appreciate it!

also, i am having problems with something slightly more techinical. when i click on the image uploader button, no box or pop-up comes up like on the yugioh site, so i don't know how i am going to sort that. but that is probably just me being a noob anyways :/.

well, thank you for reading this and hopefully you will be able to help! thank you!

Guest_thefatbob_*

Guest_thefatbob_*
  • Guests

please reply someone :(

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*

Guest_SupremeKrenko_*
  • Guests

Soon... huehuehue...

I would reply right now, but I'm by far too intoxicated.

Just keeping enough of my conscience to quote my quote

COLORS:

Blue, which gains its Mana from Islands,

is the color of experimental and curios mentality, scheming and manipulation; As the most magical of all colors, it has less emphasis on creature combat, with the few

available Creatures often sharing a certain synergy with spells and extravagant abilities. Common Blue mechanics are flying, hexproof, and flash, while it is also a necessary color to incorporate "counter target"-whatever in your abilities.

White, which gains its Mana from Plains,

is the color of protection, justice, and discipline. It contains both: Numerous small creatures in overwhelming masses, and more expensive captains to lead them.

White contains more damage prevention, life gain, and exile, than most other colors (although latter is incorporated in blue), keeping a balanced, straightforward strategy and protecting it from interference.

Creatures and casted spells are equally common, with the casted spells having devastating combo-potential, while keeping many creatures cheap and simple.

Common White mechanics are First Strike, Flying, Haste, Lifelink, and Protection.

Black, which gains its Mana from Swamps,

is the unfair color. Basically it combines various traits from EVERY color, while adding a factor of risk to negate the previous weaknesses; For example, an expensive Card in other colors, would be WAY cheaper in Black, but with a life-toll instead. Black creatures are stronger than their weaker counterparts and cheaper than their expensive counterparts, while the casted spells exceed in combo-potential.

In its primary objective to achieve and hold dominance over the battlefield, following mechanics are typical when serving the Black: Deathtouch, Regenerate, Lifelink, and Fear/Intimidate.

Green, which gains its Mana from Forests,

is the most brutal and powerful color. Not meaning the actual strength, but literally the POWER of your creatures; Of all colors, green creatures are the most gigantic and expensive.

Fittingly, green has more ways to gather Mana and buff its own Creatures. At the same time, Green despises "unnatural" enchantments and artifacts of its enemies, having numerous ways to get rid of them, as well as of flying creatures; Green does rarely cross the skies. Instead, it tends to pull it down. Surprisingly, Green is a fairly darker faction than seeming on the first glimpse; Without the incorporation of Black, it has already a STRONG synergy to the cycle of life (so to speak, a MASSIVE graveyard synergy) and shares lits of mechanics with the dark color, such as Deathtouch and Regenerate, but additionally also Trample and Hexproof.

Last, but not least:

Red, which gains its Mana from Mountains and has Goblins.

GOBLINS! Red is fast, wacky, and Goblin; Creatures are cheap, as well are spells and goblins. It is the only color that does MASSIVE damage with its casted spells and goblins; Did I mention goblins?

Red decks tend to RUSH! Tend to GOBLIN! Ironically,, it shares a lot with the color of discipline; White. Totally Goblin-Mechanics are Haste, First Strike (as well as its upgrade Double Strike), and Trample.

Goblins!

• Torchbearer Paladin likes this

Guest_thefatbob_*

Guest_thefatbob_*
  • Guests

thank you! hopefully i will post some cards soon.

YCMaker

YCMaker

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I hope so too, thefatbob.

Guest_thefatbob_*

Guest_thefatbob_*
  • Guests

thanks, i have some already created they just aren't uploaded yet :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013