9 replies to this topic

Zanbaku

Zanbaku

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

2ilhkye.jpg

This is my first attempt at a Magic card for a bit, would it be considered broken? What can I do to improve it?

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

On the contrary. This would be considered quite weak. It is only of very limited and situational use.

Of course it can give you an advantage, since it is a free draw, but both, the skipped draw step and the fact, that you can't effectively control more than one of the at a time, are very difficult to handle.

Although I could imagine some weird more aggressive combo, by giving the burned out artifact to your opponent or something, this card is actually not very useful at all.

Maybe for the sudden bettting-on-the-next-draw-or-you-lose situation, but there are already cards out there with much less drawback than this here.

But I admire the amount of thought you put into this mechanic.

• Zanbaku likes this

Zanbaku

Zanbaku

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I did consider taking the "lose 3 life" part out, but I wasn't sure if I should or not. This idea I had behind this thing was that it'd be a draw engine at a cost, but it seems to be less effective than I thought it'd be. Would there be any way to make it a little better?

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests
I'd recommend making it either {4} base cost or {2] tap-cost, while removing the charge-counter thingy.

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Artifacts always have had a double-edged sword  to them, this one just needs a bit more forward damage. It would be better if you could say, rearange the top of your library, or scry so that would be one way you could change it to make the draw more beneficial. also, maybe make it interact with the number of charge counters on it. some thing like this? Sorry if I strayed from your original idea.

Attached Files

Zanbaku

Zanbaku

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

That's actually pretty good. It's kinda like what I was going for, but it's also got the Scry. Thanks for that, you made it better than I could have x3

monarch111

monarch111

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAmerica

How in the world do you guys gety your cards to look like that?

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

MSE.

monarch111

monarch111

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Ok. Thanks

TreffnonX

TreffnonX

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I think this card can gain some significant power simply by raising the detonation cap by 2 to 3 counters.

This way you can actually go for playing multiple and comboing them up a bit by drawing more cards in

one turn and still skipping only 1 draw step...

Could go nicely in a control deck since you get your next card in advance, which might give you the counter

you require. However this only makes sense if there is some way of regaining the card lost by drawing

Ticking Clock in the deck in the first place instead of some other card possibly more valuable.

I see a few combo possibilities as well... possibly with Hex Parasite!? http://magiccards.info/nph/en/137.html

Endless possibilities.... if you manage to compensate for the missed card that is...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Artifact, 2cmc, lose life, draw, skip step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013