56 replies to this topic

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

I welcome all comments to the contents of this post. Also looking for fresh Ideas.This first installment is 4 of 9 Dual-Lands that will be introduced throughout the 3 Sets.

-HH

"Let the wisdom flow, Let the emotion recede, Let the blood run silently, Let the night come once again."

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

no trigger on the scry, should say when this land enters the battlefield or something, scry 2 otherwise good lands

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

ok ill make that minor change...xD

"Let the wisdom flow, Let the emotion recede, Let the blood run silently, Let the night come once again."

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

updated lands, missed a simple trigger for Scry, oops... Thats wat happens when you make them at 11:50pm...xD

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

More delicious goodies to peruse and comment on, Finally Creatures have arrived. -HH

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

Few errors / Op cards first angle of damnation way too powerful for 5 mana infact way to overpowered for 6 mana even if its WWW that only raises the power level about 1-1.5 CMC while this card is worth at least 7 mana so should be at least 3WWW or better 5WW Maill'strom( nice play on the word maelstrom by the way) should say scry2 , then draw 1 card. saar'kiir should say you may pay 2U that way it means it isn't a neccesary payment otherwise your just raising its cost same for thaas'kar

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA
Ok thanks for the info, but other than the text reworking do u like them?

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

All exept the dreadfully overpowered angel of damnation but that was in the last post and is a simple fix

Aztegio

Aztegio

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationDenmark

The lands a great in a format that do not have fetch lands, cause then they simply put to much goody into the field for control players.

The other cards have a few issues.about the balance, the Human Wizard is really powerfull the draw potential is insane might give that a down side.

The blue elemental i better if its says counter next spell an opponent plays.

The white dragon is fine but the 3 mana ability it has will almost never be played since its so much more to pay and you rather just get it out for threat and the fateseal.

Love the Determination by the way.

Regards Aztegio.

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA
U guys r meaning Termination instead of determination. Yeah they need a little more tweaking, will probably be changing them up and I love the comments really helpful.
-thanks
--HH

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA
Plus the reason for creature search on The Dragon Elemental is because most angels have Termination so, turn 1- drop DE search for a 4 power or less human, place in top of library 2- scry draw with Miall'Strom Storm Mage to scry 2 and draw the human, 3- cast the human spell then cast an angel with Termination for massive creature damage... That was the theory behind him at least

Aztegio

Aztegio

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Plus the reason for creature search on The Dragon Elemental is because most angels have Termination so, turn 1- drop DE search for a 4 power or less human, place in top of library 2- scry draw with Miall'Strom Storm Mage to scry 2 and draw the human, 3- cast the human spell then cast an angel with Termination for massive creature damage... That was the theory behind him at least

Oh i read it like Determination thinking on the lines of lore wise, this must succeed there for I'm willing to sacrifice for it.

Drop by the Cube and tell me what you like about the 4 new paladins we been loving up R/W so they got more punch.

Regards Aztegio.

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

ok so ive nerfed a few creatures and made minor changes to wording and added some other minor details that should balance these guys out... and the first instant has arived.

looking forward to those comments

-HH

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

balanced finally still need to put card at end of storm mages draw 1 card ability

Aztegio

Aztegio

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Much better also on the card draw, i think you can make him fun by remaking the 2 life effect to:

"Whenever a player draws a card that was not the first card he or she drew this turn Miall'Strom Storm Mage deal 2 damage to that player."

That will hit you as well as the opponent that way he gains a little situational value you can play around with.

Remember how the old cards that said force target player to draw 3 cards, like it was a punishment hehe.

Regards Aztegio.

• LordStormWinter likes this

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

did the minor minor change, word fix

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

fixed finally

whew....

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

Changed my ScreenName, HyperHistorian was an older tag that i had built ages ago. 

-LordStormWinter

minibeast97

minibeast97

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

yo, how this art be happinin

FIGHT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

@Minibeast: I use MSE Magic Set Editor. I prefer it over the in site creator. Makes for better cards. Plus mse is free to download and run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013