56 replies to this topic

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

a lot of the mechanics you are making such as termination and propagation are effects and not mechanics due to the way each ability has to be reworded for each card

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

i see that. but still propagation is histerical isnt it. also i like Eclipse

"Let the wisdom flow, Let the emotion recede, Let the blood run silently, Let the night come once again."

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

I think there all good as effects and i like them I just don't think they should be mechanically worded still great though

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

dragons of the eclipse should say current life total. queen's guard OP and poorly worded the +1/+1 doesn't specify whether its timed or a counter and a 1 mana especially hybrid mana creature with haste and first strike and buffing needs a downside. propagation shouldn't say tokens. very fun card although maybe make it a 3/6 since it has deathtouch and is already insane with propagation. mooncaller mage's ability should be tap, sacrifice mooncaller mage: ability. also DOTE doesnt state what you do with the dragon once you find it. Mcaller Dragon should say you may counter target spell.

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

thank you for telling me what needed to be changed, i really do appreciate the second pair of eyes. Still working on reworking these cards and even producing a few more for the set. will build a few more before i present ALL of them in one go.

-LSW

"Let the wisdom flow, Let the emotion recede, Let the blood run silently, Let the night come once again."

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

sure thing LSW if you ever need any help, advice, support, ideas or the like even if its to check over your cards me and most likely a few members of the forum are always willing to offer any help. P.s you are a great card designer and i hope you continue. p.s.s i am on this site very often eg at least an hour a day mostly more in a side tab so if you need anything in terms of mtg just message me, post or whatever same for anyone who needs a critical eye or an idea guy for card design. great cards hope the new ones will be good.

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA
Thanks Chaos, I have been busy building new cards will update soon. Nerfed some buffed others and reworded the hell out of em all. But still need that second pair o eyes.

-LSW

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

LSW and anyone else what would you recommend about my new set should i release the cards in one big go like last time or add frequent additions to the set like your doing. 

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA
I saw add frequent additions that way they keep returning for more goodies.
-LSW

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA
Plus I'm building an entire Block (2-3 sets) this is just the first set of three for me

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

I have seen more 1/1 r/w creatures more OP than QG, Chaos, i added a time of effect to mitigate some of the immense power. THe card that first comes to mind was a 1/1 goblin legionnaire from RTR he had haste, firstrike and Battalion. That made him far too powerful.

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

Can't see many changes you need to change queen's guard and have propagation as an effect not a mechanic, probably do the same for termination by the way mana costs go before tap and you dont need to put tap: black mana symbol, green, blue etc on basic lands

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

Here is the newest update on the entire set. Note that this is 32/175 still working hard to make it by the end of the month. Chaoscal and Atzegio have been instrumental in id-ing flaws and wording mistakes throughout this process and this is a shoutout to the both of you. Plz dont judge Tyvanum, The Dreaming One to harshly, Read the lore on the 5 elementals and the artifact "Scroll of Durial's Prophecy" before you judge him. Thanks all

-LSW

2014-07-07

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

you STILL haven't changed Queen's guard that card is way too overpowered its unreasonable

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

BTW love tyvanum, break out progenitus and door to nothingness and have rainbow demon powerkill fun times.

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

im glad you like him Chaos. But did you read the Elementals (5 mono colored) flavor text carefully and the SoDP flavor text to really understand the force behind Tyvanum?

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

love the flavour behind the prophesy etc and durial and everything like the elementals cannot see a black elemental though either way good job.

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

thanks, still more to come tho. u have any ideas as to what you want to see in the set?

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

since you have a destroyer as a primary antagonist of the set you need a main protagonist to work as counterbalance a being of creation to counter tyvanums destructive power and maybe a group associated with tyvanum's rise and a group against it like cults to get the sense the plane is conflicted towards the resurgence of tyvanum

• LordStormWinter likes this

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

i agree, was thinking about using the Mooncaller Faction as the protagonists because they r W/U hybrids. And using the Dawn-Mantle  W/B hybrids as the Counterbalance.

Eclipse vs Judgment. Wat do u think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013