42 replies to this topic

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Ok guys how the rule for this constest will be easy

1- i give one keyword ability example: Trample, haste, first strike and you guys need to push the ability as far as we can get (example of a very known combo if i say first strike you think deathtouch)

2- But its not that easy because i will prohibib some keyword to make the job a little bit more difficult (you can still create an ability by your own keyword one or not (im not sure its clear leme know if its not))

3- Dont writhe bible like this http://forum.mtgcard...ive-turnaround/ its not etertaining to read or just watch

4- enjoy and have fun!

And for the first one its gonna be ........ TRAMPLE (keyword prohibib: Haste

RULES!!!!! for this card if its a creature it cant have a power of 3 or more and cant cost less than 2 its gonna be mono GREEN OR DUAL WITH RED GL

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Soo... just so we all get this: We have to create a kickass card, with an awesome effect/ability, that basically is a combo in itself, with trample as the last finishing piece? That seems like a pleasant idea for a contest...

Just give me moment.

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Exactly! can't wait to see your interpretation of the perfect combo with trample and dont froget the prohibid keyword and creature limitation

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

Here you go Sertar, my offering to the table

Attached File  Sunderspike Ogre.jpg   46.85KB   0 downloads

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

i don't know if this fits but maybe you'll like it

Attached File  Hunter of Revira.jpg   91.63KB   0 downloads

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

This sunderspike ogre is the most anoying thing ever XD but sadly enough its power is higher than 2 (i made the rule to be more clear i made a liltle mistake writting it) but generaly i like the card and for the nighguy too expensive for what it does but i like the fact that you overpassed my rule of power nicely only thing is you should put an image that fit with the desing. 

Overall nice card but i will give the verdict in 1 day a then give another challenge

(btw feel free to fix mistake at any time like tipping or something else)

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

oh didn't see those extra rules at the bottom, will make a new card that fits these criteria. all comments are appreciated and he's only got such a high cost because he's meant to be an uncommon in a three colour set im making.

Here is attempt number two

Attached File  Goblin Havoc Bringer.jpg   50.29KB   0 downloads

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

How dare you specify the rules! I planned a glorious 7/5 creature! Now all I have to show is this smaller version!

Attached File  Sundering Behemoth2.jpg   48.78KB   0 downloads

Now it is not nearly as intimidating anymore; Although you can still scale it into infinity, it may need some bloodrush or something for its first boost.

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

i think for this one you should just say when sundering behemoth deal battle damage to an opponent put that many +1/+1 counter on it

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

nah. Then I'd have to increase its cost, which in turn would render it useless, since its limited to 3 power.

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

No it isn't and you dnt just change it to "whenever this creature does combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it" we already have the innistrad vampires which shows this mechanic is fair and balanced and its basically an easier way of writing what you've put.

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

It's not the same. The fun part about this dude is, that he's supposed to scale more, the harder he hits. The Innistrad Vampires were awesome, but they never had this ravine-feeling about them. They were rolling consistent, not rapidely increasing.

Guest_ES.Marcus_*

Guest_ES.Marcus_*
  • Guests
My submission for ability use, so we can't use keywords correct?

Attached Files

Guest_ES.Marcus_*

Guest_ES.Marcus_*
  • Guests
Oh wait.....we have to have trample on our cards and make a combo with trample?

Guest_ES.Marcus_*

Guest_ES.Marcus_*
  • Guests
Correct entry, lol

Attached Files

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

i have fixed my hunter card so it can be played and found some fun art

Attached File  Hunter of Revira.jpg   82.81KB   0 downloads

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Realy nice entry marcus and good image update gini

Commandant

Commandant

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

RKtup1I.jpg

Yes, I'm aware that "claret" refers to both blood and a particular colour, and that the image doesn't quite match.

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Reaky weird but interesting creation. And btw chaoscal and exmortis re read what is the wording of the correct i said THAT MANY +1/+1 counter not a +1/+1

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

I know i just re-read it. reword it to say "when this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may put X +1/+1 counters on it where X is the combat damage dealt by this creature"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013