No replies to this topic

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

IMPORTANT- IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE ORIGINAL POST, READ IT HERE. THEN COM BACK.

And besides that, mild "spoilers" for Gurren Lagann will be in this post.

Anyway....

Hello everyone! So the important stuff is above so with that I'll get right along with those cards. 

Here are the first batch: (I'll come up with detailed explanations for each card when I have the time.) I might also make a photo bucket thing for these, but for now I'll just attach them to the forum. 

Attached Files

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

I don't know much about Gurren Lagann so im gonna talk about the effect themselves

Core drill is just way too good for a common its a signet but better.

For the pilot mechanics i don't know why you put on gurren all creature piloting gurren gain +4/+4 i mean there only one creature that can come in.

Yoko is over costed for what she does you need 6 mana minimum to do something and you can ever do it if you took damage for a uncommon i wouldn't mind but for a rare? A mana cost of 3 would be the limit.

Nice card overall Annihilated is sweet (i love simple card).

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Thanks for the thoughts... as to my responses:

Yeah I was thinking along similar lines for Core Drill, I'm going to make that an uncommon. 

And I think I'll fix the wording up on that pilot, make it sound more smooth.

Actually that's not what yoko does, you see the 1 cost ability can build up any number of focus counters, and save them for later. The whole theme for this deck (as I will edit into the above description) is that you try and throw out legendary creatures early, survive long enough to give them Mechas, and then dominate, at each stage you throw all your excess mana, which you should have, into Yoko's first ability. Then when you need to either finish your opponent off or kill a big creature, fire! All the same, since the second ability costs 5, I think I can safely make her cost 3. 

Thanks for this, I'll keep working on those cards! (I'll post these updates into the original set ASAP)

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

I know exactly what yoko was meant to do nut the fact that it cannot be trigger if you take damage is kinda a turn off (but great flavorwise i think).

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Here i will review your set, since i watched couple of episodes while back. So i will sugets some changes, consider the rest as beautifully done.

So I can see what you did whit Kamina, he was that badass hasty son of a b***, you may want to  include his lack of adopting to guns and robots. He was so old school heroic type of character.

As for Simon I never liked the guy. Meybe change the Core Drill card, to allow it to search for a Robot, or make it summon one from grave. Since it did summon robot's spirit in some way.

Also Yoko can loop so bad. You can pay 10 mana, then deal 10 damage in same turn. Make it like she can only focus once per turn. Use this ability once per turn, you know.

Anyway the rest is awesome, keep up the good job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013