Photo

So how is this community going to grow?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Guest_Justice Master_*

Guest_Justice Master_*
  • Guests

As long as this is advertised within the rules of other forums, we might be able to get some of the big MTG discussion sites.

Guest_Shotaro Ishinomori_*

• Guests

As long as this is advertised within the rules of other forums, we might be able to get some of the big MTG discussion sites.

I think a link to here in a sig is enough unlike some of those people on YCM that start a thread to advertise something that gets locked, then complains on the status bar.

• bradleythegreat likes this

bradleythegreat

bradleythegreat

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

hey I am new here I was introduced to this about a week ago.

• Guests

hey I am new here I was introduced to this about a week ago.

Wrong section. Intros go in Introductions.

Kalam Mekhar

Kalam Mekhar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Gotta love when people don't read anything about anything, start posting willy nilly, and expect everyone to be their best friend because they made a post.

Forums have rules and sections, people! Don't join one if this concept is anathema to you!

Guest_Slayer-72_*

Guest_Slayer-72_*
  • Guests

Gotta love when people don't read anything about anything, start posting willy nilly, and expect everyone to be their best friend because they made a post.

Forums have rules and sections, people! Don't join one if this concept is anathema to you!

speaking of which, why are there so few people here that actually have experience playing MTG? 

I mean come on, buy a pre-con and play over Skype or something.

Kalam Mekhar

Kalam Mekhar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Yeah, I don't really get it either. I mean, I understand that most of the members here came from YGO card maker, but it really is difficult to both give and receive good feedback on things when people don't know how to play the game. I know there's a few people here who have some good knowledge of Magic, but many do not, and still create 'Magic' cards that come across as total YGO transplants. That's okay for a side project or something, or even for the Unhinged section, but if you have no clue how Magic works, why would you want to create cards for the game? Because the words and card frame are cool?

• Guests

Yeah, I don't really get it either. I mean, I understand that most of the members here came from YGO card maker, but it really is difficult to both give and receive good feedback on things when people don't know how to play the game. I know there's a few people here who have some good knowledge of Magic, but many do not, and still create 'Magic' cards that come across as total YGO transplants. That's okay for a side project or something, or even for the Unhinged section, but if you have no clue how Magic works, why would you want to create cards for the game? Because the words and card frame are cool?

The reason I don't know how to play is simply laziness. I can't vouch for anyone else, though.

Noobs just think they're cool simply making a card and using attachments to post them.

Guest_Slayer-72_*

Guest_Slayer-72_*
  • Guests

I dont mind some of them. YGO has very different abilities and strategy, but I also get  quite a bit of inspiration from some of these cross-over cards because I tend to see magic very mathematically. When 1+1= Exodia, it throws a little bit of fun into the mix. 

Kalam Mekhar

Kalam Mekhar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

I guess I can see that it could be done, but the mechanics of the games are so drastically different that I would have to see it to believe it. I mean, trying to pin down what color many of YGO's crazier abilities would be classified in would be extremely hard, let alone the fact that YGO doesn't repeat a ton of abilities, meaning that each and every card (or at least, everything except normal monsters) works way differently. A typical YGO set has way more going on in it than most Magic sets, but Magic sets seem much more balanced and not nearly as random. Just my opinions though. Also, Time Spiral block doesn't count, because those sets had way too much going on. At least, Future Sight did.

Guest_Foodaprow_*

Guest_Foodaprow_*
  • Guests
glad to be here :)

naivety

naivety

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hire a linkbuilder :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013