Aztegio

Aztegio

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Hello all you wonderful people.

This is a really boring thread that is trying to be funny. And at the same time point out things that you already know, so that you might be reminded how to make broken Magic Cards.

I am no judge and by no means with out my errors but thats why you can yell at me in the comments.

Chapter 1: The Passive Effect.

When i say Passive effect i mean something that do not hit the stack. We are speaking Lifelink, Deathtouch and Hexproof. that kinda stuff.

Lets start with a simple one: Trample.

The days of blocking a creature and then sacrificing the blocker knowing that the blocked creature will deal no damage cause it was still blocked... is over!

Trample this is how you get stomped, an attacker with trample can deal excess damage to the defending player or planeswalker even if it is blocked.
The keyword here is excess damage and i have a small card here to show you why:

Attached File  Bossserker.jpg   46.84KB   0 downloads -> Attached File  Big Bossserker.jpg   46.58KB   0 downloads

The Boss'serker is in it's own right okay but even if he exiles all the creatures blocking him he deals no face damage cause he was blocked.

But with the Big Boss'serker, yep you guessed it no creature infront of a creature with Trample means excess damage is 100% and the creature now just hits face.

Now we all been there. The Opponent is low as hell we got Trample but god he got a big blocker  and we can't trash into that! And to make it even worse! The only burn we got on hand only targets creature's!!!! Oh well Trample can help you out here.

Lets build the scenario:

It's your turn your opponent is at 3 life and you got the Legendary Face Hitter Tragan! Attached File  Tragan The Face Hitter.jpg   48.36KB   0 downloads But your opponent played that damn Inima last turn Attached File  Inima The Face Denier.jpg   42.57KB   0 downloads and she is denying you face damage, and your so close! You pray to the RNG Gods for a Lightning Bolt only to top deck a damn Condescending Bolt Attached File  Condescending Bolt.jpg   39.65KB   0 downloads and 6 damage just don't kill that annoying prancing little she knight.

But fear not cause Trample got your back, that Condescending Bolt don't kill her but bring her toughness to 1 meaning she needs only 1 damage to die. Now kids what is it we know about Trample? Thats right kids! Excess damage. That means Tragan might die in the loving arms of Inima and her in his... *Ehem* But it altso means you do 6-1=5 Damage to that pesky opponents face. He dies you win everybody wins.. wait no well you win everyone else is dead! Hurray!

If you want more of.. what ever i just made let me know in the comments. And what kinda effect you like to know more about.

Regards Aztegio.

Gadjiltron

Gadjiltron

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

>how to make broken magic cards

I think there's a "not" that's missing from that phrase.

Aztegio

Aztegio

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationDenmark

>how to make broken magic cards

I think there's a "not" that's missing from that phrase.

I'm trying reversed psychology ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rule, Combo, Synergy, MTG, Learning, Card, Effects, Stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013