24 replies to this topic

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Hello everyone, its been to long- well life is life...... ANYWAY enough of that, awesome set here, although I see quite a few holes and errors, it is very easy to see what you were going for, and these cards do show great potential in your designing skills. (You should know I am awful at ignoring grammar/syntax errors even when I know what the card is saying.) So, I did see that this set would be very ideal so far for drafting purposes, but the only trouble is how restrictive a lot of these costs are, I would lighten up on the mana, the hybrid mana that is everywhere here does offer flexibility, but lessening on colored mana an adding more colorless mana to a lot of these cards would do them good without becoming to powerful. Although with those lairs that make all lands tap for a color, that offers whole new routes for hybrid mana. 

In any case, I can see that you enjoy this, and are quite a good person, so carry on with the good work! If you need examples of where you are going wrong with syntax/grammar, I can provide some, but don't fret over it, we all make mistakes like that. (Although I am a bit of a grammar/syntax freak so I always notice.)

Good luck my friend!

• LordStormWinter likes this

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

Hello everyone, its been to long- well life is life...... ANYWAY enough of that, awesome set here, although I see quite a few holes and errors, it is very easy to see what you were going for, and these cards do show great potential in your designing skills. (You should know I am awful at ignoring grammar/syntax errors even when I know what the card is saying.) So, I did see that this set would be very ideal so far for drafting purposes, but the only trouble is how restrictive a lot of these costs are, I would lighten up on the mana, the hybrid mana that is everywhere here does offer flexibility, but lessening on colored mana an adding more colorless mana to a lot of these cards would do them good without becoming to powerful. Although with those lairs that make all lands tap for a color, that offers whole new routes for hybrid mana. 

In any case, I can see that you enjoy this, and are quite a good person, so carry on with the good work! If you need examples of where you are going wrong with syntax/grammar, I can provide some, but don't fret over it, we all make mistakes like that. (Although I am a bit of a grammar/syntax freak so I always notice.)

Good luck my friend!

i would greatly appreciate the extra set of eyes. and yes there are several large, gapping holes in both sets. Taking a slight break from both to work on tribals. I would be glad to have you look over my works syntax and all other wordings for the many issues that are not doubt present.

LSW

"Let the wisdom flow, Let the emotion recede, Let the blood run silently, Let the night come once again."

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

Lolilord made a post that's something not been seen since the dark ages (or last month depending on who you ask) and you made a grammatical error in your first line its too long not to long. also LSW I agree that less hybrid more colourless is needed especially if I want to build that rainbow tyvanum deck but I'll probably just settle fr amplify murder either way keep it up LSW and hope lolilord does help before fading back into obscurity this time. An old great and a new great working together I can't wait to see what happens.

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Lol, well my current conditions mean I can't be a frequent user of this site, but I should be able to soon. In the mean time, I'll switch to PM with LSW so as not to clog up the forum with conversation. And as for fading into obscurity, that's one thing that I'll try and avoid. (ALTHOUGH it's been 11 days already so you might think I already faded again....)

LordStormWinter

LordStormWinter

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUSA

sry havent been on for about 2 weeks. Lots hapening. Also Lolilord I hope that you find your way back to us my door is always open for the Knowledge and wisdom to flow between us. And I have been thinking about the Hybrids issue. I can see the point made by both you and Chaos. My last set in this Block will definitly have much more Colorless in it.

LSW

"Let the wisdom flow, Let the emotion recede, Let the blood run silently, Let the night come once again."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Custom, Fantasy, Complete Set

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013