Photo

Eternae-Samurai Showcase on first 15 (WIP)

Samurai

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Alright, so sorry for my null dependability as far as how often I have time to use this site, but ya' know.... life happens. (I'll see about adding another challenge to my ongoing post later today)

So just a few words about the set here:

In this topic, I originally asked for some insight on some keywords. I'm using those keywords in this set. 

This set will take me longer to make cards than other sets, because I'm following some more realistic set guidelines this time around, basically all the guidelines listed for MSE custom sets, one of the major differences you'll see is I'm seriously restricting myself on how "weird" my cards are- in past sets I've probably used about 60 keywords, many of which are archaic beyond reason. 

Oh- another big reason why this is taking a long time is I'm actually crediting all the art I use this time around, and working harder to find art that doesn't contrast with MTG art style. 

-and once again, always open to suggestions, corrections, and critique. 

UPDATE ONE:

Major Changes:

Mizui's Infantry Corrected

Kayato's Calvary received and upgrade- let me know if I overdid it

Trial By Fire now has a more interesting effect as far as getting exiled goes. 

4 more cards were added. 

Changes in Progress:

Anything new suggested

When I get a lot of cards, I'll actually sort the cards in the post to make finding cards easier. 

I'm currently really working on making more interesting ways of using commemorate. 

Attached Files

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

First of all nice to see you back with alot of new card and i can see you worked hard to make your set the most realistic possible a huge + for that, but now its time for critic.

The trainee and the recruit are one of the best idea for 1/1, its simple yet they are still relevant in mid to late game because of their ability of course they are not broken by any mean just good card overall.

Mizui Infantry has the wrong name.

Challenger blade give a creature a weaker but balanced version of provoke... i like that :).

Now Kayato cavaleri i dont get the flash i mean the cavalery is always late :P. Honestly this card is the definition of a common i can see become good in some rare situation but 5 mana make this card safe and underwelming.

Commemorate adn bushido. Even with challenger blade bushido is and will ever be a weak ability exept for draft of course but im sure you could have find a new ability to fit with commemorate like  (example name) Exile attack Flying( or any keyword ability), whenever this creature attack you may exile a card from your graveyard if you do this card gain Flying (or any keyword ability) until the end of the turn.

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Alright, thanks, I'll change my cards, and update the original post with patch notes, Before that, I'll mention a bit on why I'm using Bushido.

Well first of all, literally every samurai in the existence of MTG has Bushido up to this point. Which is partly for lore purposes, as Bushido is a code of the lives of samurai, whether or not it is fulfilled. 

The actual game play of Bushido is rather interesting. The basic theory is that it makes samurai not only hard to block, but hard to attack. The most obvious solution is make all your creature's unblockable, and never block the samurai. However, Samurai are in general good at playing aggro- if you don't block, they're going to start hitting hard. That's not to say it's not impossible to overpower samurai even with Bushido, but it certainly becomes harder. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Samurai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013