Having some fun with Gini's mechanic... adding some vampires, though.

- - - - - vampire tribal lifelink tokens allegiance orzhov

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Hey there! Fellow user ginirokitsune (the hell of a long name is that :/) was toying around with his riot-mechanic and requesting some help with it. One of the versions we came up with (relabeled Allegiance by myself) proved to be actually be a lot of fun, so I threw together a small cycle of humans and vampires, hope you like it^^

Attached File  Acquiescent Subjects.jpg   44.77KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Livestock Assessor.jpg   39.12KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Flocking Neophytes.jpg   41.98KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Duke of the Spyre.jpg   41.29KB   0 downloads

I'm using illustrations by Matt Starbuck, Stephen Hand, and Joel Lagerwall, I recommend checking their work; Most of it ranges from useful to amazing.

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

well then this is definitely the most entertaining mini there is maybe we can find a fun way to ruin vamps with humans that would put instrad to shame ;)

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

Or even better: Build onto the glory of Innistrad, instead. Those four are rather simple, though. I had more ideas but they require more time to be thought out.

For example, I had the idea of a Werewolf with allegiance to vampires (maybe gaining Vigilance while you control vampires)... Or a tap-damage Vampire, so you can get vampire tokens without attacking... But all this would end up in too many colors.

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

your vampire idea gave me this fun idea since my second set for lost magic will make my elder dragons playable in standard type decksAttached File  The Dragon Cult.jpg   47.53KB   0 downloads

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

I'm not too sure about this... Wouldn't it be more of a blast to have an instant or sorcery that instantly places numerous of those tokens at once, instead of a consistent growth?

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

that sounds better then the dragon decks would be truly evil

X3

instant        rare

place x 1/1 colorless human

creature tokens with allegiance

to dragon onto the battlefield

oh and for laughs check this out

Attached Files

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

You might consider a combo card:

Aerial Ram {g/w}

Creature - Sheep 0/1

As long as Aerial Ram has Flying, it also has Trample and Intimidate and gains +5/+0.

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

that makes a fun trick i like it

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

here's a mockup

Attached File  Aerial Ram.jpg   39.48KB   0 downloads

ginirokitsune

ginirokitsune

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationeast coast

ok this is the version that will be in the set

Attached File  Tree Rider.jpg   50.36KB   0 downloads

Guest_Exmortis_*

Guest_Exmortis_*
  • Guests

I have to intercept with the last one. Combining green and flying is difficult and I don't see it work here...

Instead try something like this:

Treetop Rider {1}{g}

Creature - Human Archer 1/2

Reach

You may choose to not have Treetop Rider untap during your untap step.

{g}{4},T: Target forest you control becomes a 4/5 green treefolk creature with trample and forestwalk for as long as Treetop Rider remains tapped.

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Wait a second did i see Exmortis made custom cards???? DAMN THAT THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vampire, tribal, lifelink, tokens, allegiance, orzhov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013