ltRIqrM.pngRlVeAGI.pngF0dT7hA.pngdhaZW5e.png

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

Perfectus is a nice card, Imperfectus well, protection from spells and abilities that target it is basically giving it hexproof since once it is targeted it becomes an illegal target.

Challenge Deckmaster

Challenge Deckmaster

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Perfectus is a nice card, Imperfectus well, protection from spells and abilities that target it is basically giving it hexproof since once it is targeted it becomes an illegal target.

I know I could have essentially given it Shroud or Hexproof, but I wanted to keep the flavor with Perfectus so I made it protection instead.

chaoscal

chaoscal

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationmanchester

I think their decent cards and I do like the flavour.

Gadjiltron

Gadjiltron

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

The protection that Perfectus has only keeps it from taking noncombat damage.

Imperfectus effectively has shroud and, bizarrely, doesn't cause enchantments to fall off if they get snapped on by means other than casting them.

Mechanically interesting, but functionally inefficient.

Challenge Deckmaster

Challenge Deckmaster

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

The protection that Perfectus has only keeps it from taking noncombat damage.

Imperfectus effectively has shroud and, bizarrely, doesn't cause enchantments to fall off if they get snapped on by means other than casting them.

Mechanically interesting, but functionally inefficient.

Yeah I realized Perfectus' flaw, I need to reword it as he was designed to be immune to boardwipes and such.

EDIT: Think I've done so.

Challenge Deckmaster

Challenge Deckmaster

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

He's now a Double Faced Card, as it is easier visually than a Split Creature Card.

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

I know people have told you but the first ability would just be written Hexproof instead of putting a paragraph that explain mostly the same thing (i know its not the same thing but honestly who in the world is gonna put a Constricting Tendrils against you) i know you like flavor but that just too inefficient to be cool.

On the other hand i like the concept the card look cool but why imperfectus so much strong than the perfectus that would be great if he had a downside since hes not perfect.

Challenge Deckmaster

Challenge Deckmaster

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

I know people have told you but the first ability would just be written Hexproof instead of putting a paragraph that explain mostly the same thing (i know its not the same thing but honestly who in the world is gonna put a Constricting Tendrils against you) i know you like flavor but that just too inefficient to be cool.

On the other hand i like the concept the card look cool but why imperfectus so much strong than the perfectus that would be great if he had a downside since hes not perfect.

I would imagine his downside is his lack of control over which form he is in.

And the flavor is important enough that just writing Hexproof wouldn't do Perfectus justice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013