• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

mtgadmin

mtgadmin

Mythic Rare

• Administrators
  • 37 posts

Greetings all who are still hanging on,

It is I, mtgadmin, your friendly, and admittedly MIA admin.

So, you may have noticed a few things over the course of the past few months. 1)Forum activity shrank to a trickle, and 2) the forum was overrun with spambots.

To make a long story short, the anti-spam license expired, and real life got in the way of either I or the other admin finding time to replace it. For that I'm sorry. The fine members of this community* deserve better.

*assuming there are any left

Anyway, we're planning on being much better about this in the future, most notably with regard to spam prevention. But just remember, don't blame me, blame Google. Anyway, we are open for posting, and open for new members, so tell your friends, tell your cousin, tell your dog, tell your mother!*

*actually, don't do that.

Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a glorious rennaissance for MTG Cardmaker. Part of that will be looking for moderators. Potential mods, please line up on the left. Everyone else, post away!

And here's some Joanna Newsom:

yours,

mtgadmin

• YCMaker likes this

mtgadmin

mtgadmin

Mythic Rare

• Administrators
  • 37 posts

Oh, I forgot to mention: Part of the spam prevention was deleting everyone with a Yahoo email account. So, if you registered with a Yahoo account...that account no longer exists. Of course, then you probably wouldn't be reading this anyway. Nonetheless, for those whose accounts got deleted and would like to re-register, by all means, go ahead. Just, may I first suggest getting an email account with a provider that doesn't completely suck?

yours,

mtgadmin

Marvel Kid

Marvel Kid

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Yeah, well users are not blaming you don't worry. But the forum looks dead to me, even tho it is updated. Anyway lets stick around and see how it goes. But not much hope from me. I will try to contact at least Lolilord to come back. 

Sertar

Sertar

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

YEAH ADMIN IM SO FUCKING GLAD LETS MAKE SOME CARDS!

Challenge Deckmaster

Challenge Deckmaster

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

I'd be interested in moderating :) I realize I'm new here, but I'm Kano over in the YCMaker.

ltRIqrM.pngRlVeAGI.pngF0dT7hA.pngdhaZW5e.png

Lolilord

Lolilord

Uncommon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

ALRIGHT I"M BACK!!! WHAT DID I MISS!!! OH! MODERATOR STUFFS!? COOOL!!!!

That was my reaction to checking the site as I have been on about a weekly basis. Ah. I need to replace my email signed up account with one that I actually use. ha. 

Anyway, thanks a ton for bringing the site back again, I've looked for another community like this one, there simply isn't. I completely understand real life getting in the way. 

And lastly, the music was quite lovely. 

Inferno390

Inferno390

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
So that was what the site not working in the middle of the week was...
Anyways, I am very new around here, but if you must have another moderater, I'm definitely open.

Gogoman321

Gogoman321

Common

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I would love to be a moderator here. I have been gone for a while too, but I still like this forum a lot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forum, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MTG Card Maker is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Wizards of the Coast LLC. MTG Card Maker may use the trademarks and other intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast LLC, which is permitted under Wizards' Fan Site Policy. For example, MAGIC: THE GATHERING® is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast. For more information about Wizards of the Coast or any of Wizards' trademarks or other intellectual property, please visit their website. MTG Card Maker © 2013